Thread: Two new Rescue Bots characters/toys & Second Season announced

Default Two new Rescue Bots characters/toys & Second Season announced

With the first series being rather small on robot characters (4 main cast, 2 guest cast), and the second series being shown off at SDCC just having repack/redecos (with two playsets being the only "new" toys)... it didn't look like much was to be expected for the second year of Rescue Bots.
    But sneaking out through a dealer listing, and now on the Hasbro instructions archive, we have two new Rescue Bots characters:

Hoist the Tow Bot - a tow truck.
    Medix the Doc Bot - an ambulance.

Judging by the extended names (Tow Bot, Doc Bot), I'd be thinking that these might be new cast characters in the cartoon, if it has a second season.

It will be interesting to see what colours they give these toys... will they be classic Gen1 colours for Hoist, and "Ratchet" colours for Medix.

(NOTE - since Rescue Bots have been proven to be part of the TFPrime story-verse, they couldn't have Ratchet as the Doc Bot if they plan on it being in the cartoon).

Some official images of both have been found, giving us a look at their colours, and their partner humans. Medix has the human that was already paired with Blades from the first series, while Hoist has a recolour of the figurine that was paired to Optimus (so might not be a new human). It should still mean that a figurine in that colour is also on the agenda for release in this second series.

I like the blue of Hoist, but the face on Medix is a bit creepy.

I really like how Hoist looks. Y'know, I still want them to make Prime/Generations versions of the Rescue Bots characters. That'd be cool.

For those following Rescue Bots (to save posting a whole new topic for it), a second season has been announced.
    Now to find the first season on DVD somewhere.

The second season is already about to be recorded... and a guest voice actor has been mentioned - Roger Craig Smith.

A video review of the two new Rescue Bots toys - Hoist and Medix.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

i have not seen a single toy up here. And i desperatly need a Bumblebee. ebay is no help as its all double price everything rescubots.

Despite being mentioned by reliable sources, the HUB channel has now made it official that there will be a second season.

The second season has just wrapped its recording sessions, but there is no word on if there is a third season yet.

Apparently mid last year, Tim Curry (voice of the main "villain" Dr Morocco) suffered a major stroke, and was unfortunately quite incapacitated by it.
    Good news for any fan of Tim Curry, it is said that he's recovering well, but sounds like a long hard process of therapy. So is not likely to reprise his role on Rescue Bots. (if the character returned in Season 2, it would have been voiced by someone else... but wouldn't have had Tim's unique voice though)