Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 48586364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    What? She doesn't eat anything and just gets it bagged? That's a problem with her. Probably just avoiding to purge it later. I don't know, just a theory based on that behaviour. You need to ask bro what's up.
    No. My brother's wife eats with the rest of us. She just grabs a doggie bag before anyone starts eating.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    No. My brother's wife eats with the rest of us. She just grabs a doggie bag before anyone starts eating.
    Ok, I think I get it now. I was thinking of a restaurant environment. What Griffin said pretty much covers it.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Its really poor form from the guest. Wait untill everybody is full.

Eat early before she arrives and has a chance to bag it.

yea, what Griffin said, I'm blown away, I've never seen anything like it. perhaps she grew up in a strange jungle setting where if she didn't get in quick the other wolves would beat her to it and not leave anything but scraps.
    Usually at out get togethers, there's too much food as everyone brings something and whoever hosts has to either convince people to take food home or deal with leftovers(I like leftovers) for a couple days afterwards.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I totally missed this one... another of the big American fast-food franchises opened in Australia about a year ago, and is already in three states (NSW, QLD, SA) and soon to be opening in VIC.
    Carl's Jr lands in VIC... after SA!

Which burger do people recommend?

Galvatran Guest

Ticked Balut off the food bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    My experience with getta was very poor. Never returned. Betty's at Chermside is great.

The problem with carl's is the location. Airport. Really? What a dumb move. So yea, it's easy to miss.
    Yeah and even the new ones that are being built and opened in QLD they are putting them into new housing areas.
    It's a smart move cause they are making a fortune.

Aldi had American style cheeses recently. Habanero, Chipotle, and Ghost Pepper. Of the 3, Ghost Pepper was definitely the best. Can still buy some grated stuff, but the blocks are best. Goes great on hotdogs. I was just eating the cheese in chunks, every day was cutting off a small bit to just eat. I hope I can get more.

Took the missus away for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Part of the package was a 3-course meal at a super fancy restaurant.

My wife's main meal came out with three sauteed duck tongues on it! And every entree, main and desert either had whole flowers or essence of flowers in it (one had candied violets for example).

Seems like the rich folk eat the stuff most of us would throw in the bin

Gotta admit, when my wife's meal came out I had to resist loudly quoting Life of Brian 'Otters spleens, Jaguars Earlobes, Wolf's Nipple Chips - get'em while their hot they're lovely'

Sounds nice. Speaking of things resisting the urge to say at restaurants, last night went to Jagerhaus in Penrith, and I couldn't resist the urge to start quoting Fawlty Towers. "Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it"