Page 941 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 921931936937938939940941942943944945946951961 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,410 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Can anyone explain the difference between the regular Decepticon logo and the movie Decepticon logo? I know the Autobot movie logo has slanted eyes but I've never been able to tell the difference between the Decepticon variant.
    I think it's just that, the eyes are smaller and more angled
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

To be totally honest, I never even noticed anything different about the Movie symbols to the regular ones, and was always puzzled when fansites would mention a "movie version".
    (then again, I was never observant enough to realise that there were two different versions of the Decepticon symbol on the Gen1 cartoon, until at least 20 years after the cartoon aired)
    From the photos on Seibertron, it just looks like the main difference (to me) is a "bleeding" of the parts of each allegiance symbol, so that there is almost no gaps on the Movie versions.
    TFwiki describes the differences of the Movie versions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    In a very difficult place to see, with Breakdown it inside his feet/legs in the white side under the spoiler, not the actual spoiler though, if that makes sense, so when he is in bot mode you can look straight at him and the writing is there but it's white on white get him in good light.
    Wildrider is under the hood, pretty easy, Wildrider is the grey one, in case its Dead End you are referring to, the maroon one, its the same spot as Breakdown.
    Thanks old boy - got the same answer from the G1 fans over in the Vintage G1 Merch thread!

Why do Transformer(and many other robot designs) always have the lower legs being thicker/chunkier than the thighs?

If we were to move this shape to a human, they would look like they have elephantiasis, or cankles at the very least.

Kind of makes me wonder what Transformers would look like if we gave them human looking proportions. Especially in the legs.

I think for Transformers in particular a lot of alt mode kibble is placed on the lower leg.

I feel like it kinda looks like big combat boots in silhouette.

I've always thought it was a stylisation, battle armour type appearance. Especially lately, a lot of the designs have some structure pointing up and forward of the lower knee. Akin to Cricket pads or a baseball catchers leg guards.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Plus it would usually aid in waist/hip articulation, so for characters based on/ having to have some resemblance to their toys then it makes design sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder what Transformers would look like if we gave them human looking proportions. Especially in the legs.
    Like G1 Arcee?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Why do Transformer(and many other robot designs) always have the lower legs being thicker/chunkier than the thighs?

If we were to move this shape to a human, they would look like they have elephantiasis, or cankles at the very least.
    I'd say two main reasons:
    1/ Alt mode kibble's gotta go somewhere.
    2/ Gives the appearance of exaggerated scifi armour.

The second reason would definitely play a big influence, especially if we look at preceding Japanese super robot/mecha designs like:
    * Combattler V
    * Mazinger Z
    * Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
    * Machine Robo
    ...and of course, the single most influential Japanese mecha series, Mobile Suit Gundam. Gundamnit.

Honestly, more like Bayformers.

Have there been any leaks or something in the IDW comics that says who the last two members of the Elita-1 based POTP combiner is going to be?

And yes I know the combiner teams in IDW are not always the same as toys.