Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 77879293949596979899100101102107117 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    How is Abominus? He's the only one of the POTP combiners I've considered getting.
    He's excellent for the most part. Only complaints I have is Cutthroat has a jaw that pops off extremely easy so could be lost easily and there is no large gun for Abominus' combined mode.

Cutthroat got my metal pin treatment to fix that.

(noted by Justowen yesterday) On the instructions for POTP Blackwing (and probably Dreadwind too), it is called a Duocon... probably because like Battleslash & Roadtrap, the toys combine, making the term a 2-bot combiner gimmick name in POTP, rather than a subgroup name like in Gen1.

FatalityPitt Guest

Not sure if anyone's called this out yet, but Cog's guns look very similar to G1 Cerebro's gun

That's pretty cool.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nice. Well spotted.
    Cheers

I skipped out on TR Fort Max (and subsequent Titan Class figures) due to a lack of space in my home. At least with this version of Cog coming out, I'll be able to own a part of Fort Max that's updated (or CHUG-erised). If you have TR Fort Max, Cog's guns should add more incentive to get Cog when he comes out. He'd go well with TR Fort Max and Cerebros.

EDIT: I also like some of the paint apps on Cog, like the red stripes on the shins. They're reminiscent of the red double-barrelled cannons on Fort Max's shins. Even though it wouldn't be faithful to the original, I think it would have been good to add more paint to the face.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 29th September 2018 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added another comment

I was fiddling with HFTD Ironhide over the weekend and managed to find actual incredibly solid locking points for the hood/chest halves in robot mode, about 8 years after the fact (and unfortunately long after I'd lost the turret cannon thing).

What a fun little mold that one is.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

You learn a lot when you actually play with your toys, especially with kids.

I discovered that the roll cage of Potp Beachcomber slots perfectly into UW Hook's hook. It actually looks pretty neat, a beach buggy being hoisted around by a crane.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Cutthroat got my metal pin treatment to fix that.
    Please explain?