View Poll Results: Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie) - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 85.71%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

1 4.76%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - SS-38 Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I wonder how much different he'd look with blue hands.

Quite a nice Optimus toy. He’s got a complicated transformation, and a bunch of tabs to line up, but it flows logically.

He doesn’t seem to want to stand well in a neutral pose and the feet transformation was a bit tight for me. That’s about my only issue.

Second voyager Prime for me this year (after Siege) and both are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Second voyager Prime for me this year (after Siege) and both are great.
    Same for me. Two great figures.

I would have got this figure if he came with a trailer. The fact he had a trailer in the movie but not with the toy just edges him out of my want list. If ever the toy is heavily discounted or re-released with a trailer I may pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I would have got this figure if he came with a trailer. The fact he had a trailer in the movie but not with the toy just edges him out of my want list. If ever the toy is heavily discounted or re-released with a trailer I may pick it up.
    DOTM OP's trailer works with this toy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    DOTM OP's trailer works with this toy
    Yeah so a few people have said, but then my DOTM Op will be the one lacking his trailer

I’m dying to get this guy.
    I’m also hoping that it’s not too difficult because my son (I’ve brain washed the crap out of him) because he wants one.

It's pretty tricky and your son will need an assist. Maybe have a look at a video review and see if you think the transformation is within his current range of capability.

The transformation on this guy is great - right up there with some of the best movie-toy transformations. Going from a hyper-detailed robot to a minimalist, smooth boxy truck, really clever...

And it's really doable, despite how complex it looks, everything slots in pretty nicely and as long as you follow the sequence it all comes together. Being able to do the top and bottom half separately makes it a little simpler too, whereas lots of movie primes end up with arms and legs all over the place by the end of the process. This guy at heart still follows the classic G1 Prime transformation.

One of the best figures I've picked up this year (so far).

This guy has been my current fiddle toy for the last few days....I love the figure, great model but I have a couple of grips, one Gok already mentioned, the loose back leg panels, which comes down to poor tooling and a simple would be to have a step tab to lock it place, fixed with a small dremel bit. Mine had very loose hips, fixed with a bit of superglue...and the ball joint for the head was so tight that I feared I'd snap it off, it was easier to replace with a leftover ball joint from a Gundam kit, as I have a habit of modding Transformers.. these were easy fixes but could of been seen too prior to production..