Page 356 of 515 FirstFirst ... 336346351352353354355356357358359360361366376 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5147

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I’m here! Come on down!

My piccies from the day...

I got there at 9.30am (it was supposed to open at 9am, but the line was still long and there wasn't too many people inside, so they must have been late to open).

And parking was the usual nightmare... even though it is in the middle of an industrial area, and a maze to find, the street spots fill up fast. (being sunday morning, it should be safe to park in the business parking lots, but you just never know if they have security patrols that will call in a towtruck)

I guess since it is so hidden away, it isn't likely to attract any passing traffic, so the signage out the front doesn't need to be anything obvious (those little red signs on the grass)...

At the back of the queue when I arrived, the boy in orange was holding a POTP Leader Optimus toy. I guess if he brings a toy with him, he doesn't bug his parents to buy him one while they are in there.

It certainly gives it a strange, claustrophobic feel to the place, with the nets up, surrounding a very small area (one basketball court)...

This event is on twice a year in Brisbane, and I missed the last one, but the numbers seemed to be about the same. The dealer numbers were apparently reduced by the organiser, in order to make more room for the shoppers, but the extra space ended up being behind the tables, because the aisles were just as cramped as they were last time. (what complete morons - boasting about having extra room this time, and then giving it to the dealers who didn't use it or want it)
    The empty space...

There were three dealers there this time that had a decent amount of Transformers (including Jaydisc)...

This looked to be a pre-production sample of one of the Beast Hunter Predacons (Lazerback).

I thought that this MP Prowl box must have been a KO or promo display, but looking online, the US release of the Anime/cartoon version Prowl comes in a new box (which is rather boring).

And a rarity... in Australia at least, as I've only seen one before (which was at Lobos in Melbourne) - the Eternia playset from MOTU. It was released during the mid 80s when all the big action figure toylines were trying to outdo each other with the biggest toy (Fort Max for Transformers, Flagg aircraft carrier for GIJoe, and Eternia playset for MOTU). This one came with a LOT of accessories, which get lost or broken really easily, and this incomplete one had a price tag of $1000 at the fair yesterday.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was wondering what that set was. It didn't really match the dark aesthetic of the other MotU sets.
    I have to say I was really pleased when my 5yo daughter identified Castle Greyskull next to it. The new She-Ra cartoon is good for something

I picked up a Siege Sideswipe for $40 which was acceptable. There was another table there with the Wave 1 Voyagers and Deluxes for $70 and $50 respectively. I don't need another Megs and Optimus that much.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My piccies from the day...

I got there at 9.30am (it was supposed to open at 9am, but the line was still long and there wasn't too many people inside, so they must have been late to open).

Please tell me you got cards from those sellers? I see so many things I want to get from those pics.
    omega prime definitely being one of them.
    any help contacting those sellers would be greatly appreciated.
    PS : I have checked out Jaydisc and have a list of figs I want to get come pay day. would still appreciate help with other 2 sellers.
    Last edited by griffin; 11th May 2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: removed all the quoted photos

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I thought that this MP Prowl box must have been a KO or promo display, but looking online, the US release of the Anime/cartoon version Prowl comes in a new box (which is rather boring).
    That's actually just a thin, outer box, presumably for extra protection. There is a proper Masterpiece box inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by optimall View Post
    Please tell me you got cards from those sellers? I see so many things I want to get from those pics.
    omega prime definitely being one of them.
    any help contacting those sellers would be greatly appreciated.
    PS : I have checked out Jaydisc and have a list of figs I want to get come pay day. would still appreciate help with other 2 sellers.
    I can put you in touch with both. Matt is a member here (though inactive since 2013), and both he, and Michael are members at TCCA on Facebook. If you send me a me a message on Facebook, I can connect you to them there.

Yesterday at Garden City... it looks like all of the major retailers got their Siege w6 Deluxes this week, as Target, Kmart and BigW all had them. They all also had Botbots series 2. Nothing much else though.

Target - also had the new (last) wave of Energon Igniters Power Plus (Ironhide & Soundwave).

Kmart.

Myer - pretty much a token effort now for Transformers.

BigW

Coles - restocked a heap of older wave RID Legions, which have Twinferno, Sideswipe and Groundpounder.

Coles (Sunnybank) selling the Bumblebee DVD for $20 (the "basic" edition).

Saw Studio Series Deluxe Shatter and Cogman at Australia Fair K-Mart the other day.

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

TK Maxx Burleigh, Gold Coast

The Last Knight: 2x Berserker $17 each
    Cyberverse 1 Step Changer: 1x Megatron, 1x Optimus Prime, 1x Prowl $17 each

Toyworld Burleigh

Studio 15 Bumblebee $70 each
    Potp Prime Masters $8 each
    Potp Legends $12 each
    Potp Deluxes: Snarl, Sludge, Jazz, Moonracer, Blackwing $35 each
    Titans Return Legends $23 each
    Titans Return Deluxes $30 each
    The Last Knight Deluxes $25 each
    Siege Micromasters $23 each

SS-15 released here... exciting news.
    $70 for a deluxe toy with some add-on panels... what?!?!

From the last few days...

Kmart Sunnybank - doesn't look to be anything new.

BigW Garden City - Nothing new in the way of toys, but there was this new Bumblebee activity book.

Target Garden City - nothing new, so no pics.

Kmart Garden City - a restock of Rescue Bots and Studio Series Deluxes.