Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Life & Times of eBay

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

No idea why he gave you a low score for shipping (All he covered was fuel - if anything at all) & the prick who refuses to pay you... I'd go with Sifun's suggestion & file a dispute.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    No idea why he gave you a low score for shipping (All he covered was fuel - if anything at all) & the prick who refuses to pay you... I'd go with Sifun's suggestion & file a dispute.
    It was my fuel. I took it around to him to drop it off. I think for the 3 star rating he hasn't actually looked at the stars and just clicked on 'neither reasonable or unreasonable' as there was no shipping costs at all for him. The d'head took it literally instead of thinking about it.

As for filing a dispute this guy says he is going to buy it but his last excuse was 'I can't make our appointment today as my work has had an emergency and I've had to fly to Sydney'.
    I'm worried if I push non paying bidder on him I'll end up with neg feedback and wont be able to have it removed if indeed he ends up paying. Feel sorta stuck.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 5th November 2008 at 07:51 PM.

As a buyer who doesn't really sell on eBay, I don't agree with the fact that sellers can't leave feedback at all. A bad buyer is a bad buyer. Better to ask sellers to leave feedback first (ie once they receive payment) than take the option away totally. Good luck, DD.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

My wife just started selling on ebay and when she was reading about how to start selling it listed an example "Transformers action figure" Just a nice little story I thought I'd throw in.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

yesterday i had a seller ask me to offer what i wanted to pay for postage from him (USA) to me...

i offered him $0, which he knocked back.... i wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    yesterday i had a seller ask me to offer what i wanted to pay for postage from him (USA) to me...

i offered him $0, which he knocked back.... i wonder why
    LOL.

About 2/3 weeks ago I had a guy last week send me a msg through ebay asking if I could go any lower on price. It was a starting auction of 99c & he msg'd me while the item still had no bids.

Another seller used the "Buy It Now" option to buy a Marvel figure from my store, within 24 hours he sent me a very abusive msg asking where the *&^% his figure was, I should also mention he had not paid for the item.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Must have thought he'd bought the picture of the item (in which case you could have sent it to him there and then), or he thought it was "teleport to me now".
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

LOLZ
    saw this today
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....id=p2761.l1259
    he wants 100USD to ship it to australia????
    i asked him if it was some sort of next second teleportation service....
    and no, he didnt get it wrong, because that was my first question with his answer of "the price is what it is"
    this is worse than the guy who wanted to charge me 45USD to ship one book style reissue, then didnt reply to any of my messages...
    some people

...this is worse than the guy who wanted to charge me 45USD to ship one book style reissue...

I have paid this postage cost for an item of a similar size/ weight, it was a badly mis-labeled auction for a sealed g2 red Slag. The actual cost of shipping was $26 plus change. I was happy to pay the shipping premium.

LOLZ
    saw this today
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....id=p2761.l1259
    he wants 100USD to ship it to australia????
    i asked him if it was some sort of next second teleportation service....
    and no, he didnt get it wrong, because that was my first question with his answer of "the price is what it is"
    this is worse than the guy who wanted to charge me 45USD to ship one book style reissue, then didnt reply to any of my messages...
    some people
    this looks like a case where the seller is trying to avoid paying ebay fees by keeping their final auction amount really low and recouping actual costs through postage....
    I've had to do this for some auctions in HK... BIN price = 4.99AUD, Postage = 150AUD...Luckily i have bought from the HK guy before otherwise, insurance and paypal claims if things had gone wrong, would have been a total nightmare to recoup....

Even so, that x-brawn doesnt look like its worth 101USD total anyways...