Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

For the record I never started this as an independent thread - this was originally a reply to one of the Universe 2.0 threads but board staff felt it merited being an independent thread so it was separated and placed here.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Why do we have this thread when we have these threads:

Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread
    Because I sniffed around and couldn't find the thread I wanted to move the broader discussion of Universe in the Cyclonus thread to. You found it for me. I've merged the thread int

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I think Dinobot looks alright. The velociraptor mode is much better than the original's, and his robot mode actually looks like the CGI model now in terms of proportion, which is some achievement given the CG model never really transformed from one mode to the next (sort of switched models as parts flew apart).

I'd wait for him to actually be transformed properly before pronouncing it dead on arrival and demanding blood revenge on Hasbro or something.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I think Dinobot looks alright.

I'd wait for him to actually be transformed properly before pronouncing it dead on arrival and demanding blood revenge on Hasbro or something.
    Nah, demand blood now. Give them time to get it prepared

See, I don't care either way. I'm more than happy to just pass it over. My point is I don't see why they've revisited him - based on the pictures I've seen it doesn't really look like an improvement over the recent reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Nah, demand blood now. Give them time to get it prepared

See, I don't care either way. I'm more than happy to just pass it over. My point is I don't see why they've revisited him - based on the pictures I've seen it doesn't really look like an improvement over the recent reissues.
    These new molds scream Beast Machines. Its very possible that in a misguided attempt at being part of the 25th Anniversary spirit that Hasbro wanted a designer from the Beast Era to do the new molds and for some reason they got the same dude who did the Beast Machines Maximals.

Although the alt mode of these new molds is much more focused than Beast Machines, the simplified and fugly design style is very much BM Maximals.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I'm with Dirge here. I think the majority of BW figures stand up very well to the test of time and I think the "reinterpretations" actually aren't that necessary or much of an improvement. To me, Cheetor and Dinobot both appear to be just simply reinterpretations; not advancements in accuracy or improvements. And given the recent re-issues as Dirge points out, I don't understand it.

I know I'm a broken record on this but the two toys from BWs in desperate need of remedy are Blackarachnia and Rhinox. I mean, I'm all happy for them to give us new versions but I'm actually very satisfied with the originals and I'd stick to those ahead of these b/c there's a more uniform feel when I look at the original toys whereas the style of these new ones don't seem to fit as well. Maybe Dinobot but definitely not Cheetor. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I'm with Dirge here. I think the majority of BW figures stand up very well to the test of time and I think the "reinterpretations" actually aren't that necessary or much of an improvement. To me, Cheetor and Dinobot both appear to be just simply reinterpretations; not advancements in accuracy or improvements. And given the recent re-issues as Dirge points out, I don't understand it.

I know I'm a broken record on this but the two toys from BWs in desperate need of remedy are Blackarachnia and Rhinox. I mean, I'm all happy for them to give us new versions but I'm actually very satisfied with the originals and I'd stick to those ahead of these b/c there's a more uniform feel when I look at the original toys whereas the style of these new ones don't seem to fit as well. Maybe Dinobot but definitely not Cheetor. We'll just have to wait and see.
    After what they did with Cheetor and Dinobot, I am very much afraid of what they would do with Rhinox or BA.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    After what they did with Cheetor and Dinobot, I am very much afraid of what they would do with Rhinox or BA.
    Well, I don't think they could screw up BA any more than a repainted Tarantulas. That's a horrific toy no matter how Takara repainted hte Tarantulas mold. I got it b/c it felt obligatory but that mold just plain sucks with BA.

Rhinox i can see them getting the proportions wrong on. It's very sad actually as my best Rhinox is that statue I acquired last year. A pity for one of my favourite BW characters. Has a Robot Hero even been announced for him?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I'm actually very happy with the original Rhinox, and not unhappy with Takara's reissue - but I do agree that the Tarantulas/BA mould could be improved apon.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Use this mould then?

http://www.tfu.info/2000/Maximal/Bla...ckarachnia.htm

But I don't know how far that will go with animated ba being out as well.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------