Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Transformers Love Thread

Default The Transformers Love Thread

Well with the negative venting thread going gangbusters I thought I would make this thread, I have noticed with the very small amount of forums I go on that negativity and whinging reign supreme, but I'm generally a very positive person.

So I would like this thread to be about all things we love about Transformers and Transformer related stuff.

I'll start it

I love Transformers because it has allowed me to meet some amazingly cool people over the years who despite their age (and mine) are still kids at heart.

Someone once had this as their signature either on here or TAAU: We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - George Bernard Shaw

This lovely little quote has stuck with me for so long and I love that people like Gok actually play with their toys. I'm a bit of a Transformers museum type collector and envy him for doing so, but I play with Lego so it makes up for it
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I was expecting something a bit different when I clicked on this thread. Excuse me while I go get my mind out of the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I assumed that a thread like this must exist but the title of this link is more specific and less "anti venting" than mine

Let's just keep the ball rolling

Edit: Or do we really hate Transformers that much that it's been almost 18 months since we have love TFs?!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Very refreshing
    Nice work JITS

At the moment I am still loving MP Ironhide, he is just beautiful
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Very refreshing
    Nice work JITS
    Seconded! A great idea and much appreciated positivity!

I'm about to head to bed but I'll try to post in this thread tomorrow with a response it deserves

Nice idea man - good stuff indeed

I am loving the Masterpiece figures out at the moment...

I also enjoy looking at other Ozformers collections

Some days I love sitting in my room with my son (yep my collection is in my room) and answering all his questions about them. He always asks "when is the postman bringing the next one" so we can sit down and open it together

He also always wants to know how much longer before he can have them

For me the reason is simple - Transformers are just so FUN!
    More specific reasons include:
    • 2 (or more) toys in 1

• Marvelling at and having with with how they can change between modes

• The anime-mecha flavour of their designs just looks awesome. Even though some lines have deviated from this (e.g. movieverse, Animated etc.), they're all still inherently spawned from this central point -- a common "DNA" that runs through the entire franchise

• With post G2 toys, also experiencing how fun Transformers can be not as convertible toys, but as articulated action figures

• Enjoying the good gimmicks which complement the toy well without compromising it; this also includes gestalts (which is a clever way to make us complete entire teams/sets)

• Enjoying the mythos/canon. These aren't just toys, they're characters

Transformers are just so much darn fun to play with! One reason why I don't keep Transformers on my work desk is because I know that I'd never get any work done because I wouldn't be able to stop playing with them.

Transformers, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

1: I've loved them from the beginning - since the first episode of the first season of the first iteration of Transformers aired in Australia. Still remember sitting there on a Saturday morning and my jaw just dropping at this super-cool new cartoon full of giant alien robots that turned into jets and sports cars and trucks!

2: I love the toys are lots of fun, I'd go into more detail but you all play with them - you know how cool they are ANd I love that so many toys they make now are homages to characters and toys I've loved since getting them as a kid

3: I love the characters that I've become so emotionally invested in over the last 32 years. Still can't watch Optimus die in the animated flick without getting all teary. Wept openly with joy when I saw Optimus transform for the first time in the first live action flick. Felt heartbroken when Pipes died in MTMTE. And the hijinks of the Lost Light crew just make me laugh and laugh!

4: I love that The Transformers pretty much beats every other sci-fi continuity!
    *Death Star vs Unicron: Unicron EATS Death Star
    *The Enterprise-E vs The Nemesis: The Enterprise could almost dock in The Nemesis' shuttle bay - no contest!
    *Avengers vs Transformers: they did a 4-part comic of this and it was pretty accurate. Even 3rd tier grunts like Runabout took out the likes of Spiderman with ease. Basically all the goodie and baddy humans were just kinda in the way while The Transformers got on with the proper fight.
    *Godzilla vs Trypticon: Trypticon picks up Godzilla in one claw and bites his head off
    ...and so on and so on

5: The people I've met. Living so remotely I don't get to meet a lot of other Ozformers members but I've still managed to meet up with Krayt at a toy launch, go see TF4 with M-bot, catch up with Reflector to trade toys and buy comics from Mechbiter. Plus I've made great online friendships on here and FB so I have lots of people to look forward to meeting in real life (you know who you guys are )

6: My son. Orion Samuel Hopkins. Not only homaging my love in his name but watcing him play with his RescueBots the other day reminded me why Transformers are fun. He kept loading and unloading Chase and Heatwave on and off Optimus' trailer while he had Bumblbee, Blades and Boulder working at Bumblebee's garage. I love my son more than Transformers - no question - but I take a certain extra joy watching him play with them as well as how when I get a new toy for me he helps me unbox it and give it a once-over play. It's that extra bonding experience that is just wonderful.

Thanks for all the joy you have brought me over the majority of my life Transformers - you rock!