Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Who do you think is in the vault?

My current suspicion is on Missy/the Master.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Who do you think is in the vault?

My current suspicion is on Missy/the Master.
    My theory is the Master is in there, to prevent him from interacting with Missy. Lord knows we've seen many Doctors together, but never more than one Master.

Well, now we know who's in the vault.

Question: How come the Tardis' translation matrix was unable to translate Italian? Even if the Tardis was a simulacrum I'm assuming that it still would've had all of its regular functions including translation. And if not, why wouldn't that tip Nadole and the Doctor off that there was something wrong?

Mind you, this wouldn't be the first time that the Doctor has encountered a foreign language where he needed interpreting. There was one episode where the 5th Doctor encountered a robot who spoke Indigenous Australian and he needed Tegan to translate for him.

Wasnt super happy with the vault reveal.
    If she remained "dead" i would be curious as to how she was alive inside it but..

As for the translation; noticed it too. Perhaps the tardis doesnt if there's a translator already around?

I haven't been through too much Who-story (sorry, couldn't resist) but perhaps it doesn't translate ceremonial language.

Once again, The Master/Missy just shows up alive, without any (plausible) explanation... yet (but I doubt they will, or even explain how she was captured... which rarely happens).

Only episode 6... and he's blind. I really hope they don't keep that going for the rest of the season, unless we are already at the end of the season, as they appear to have now revealed the major elements and characters of this season's story arc.

Ecclesiastical Latin isn't hard to translate. It's basically simplified Vulgar Latin with Italianised phonology. But he was speaking Italian.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYxwo0GcpM

Translation: "What's happening? Who are you two girls? How did I arrive in this house? I thought I was back in Vatican! This is madness! Doctor, why did you bring me here?"

I don't know what it is about this current Doctor Who series but I'm just not feeling it. :/

That's not the first Doctor.....

According to the BBC, we get to find out who the "13th" Doctor is, after the Wimbledon Mens Final later today.
    We won't get to see their first episode until Christmas, but this gets ahead of any leaks once filming of their scenes begins.