Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Lol... Monktopunch

Excerpt from Blog: During the Combiner Wars toyline, many G1 fans were screaming for the line to be widened to include the creature themed gestalt groups. Well with Predaking on the way and the latest offerings available now, Power of the Primes has come through on this score. And in Wave 2 of POTP we get to see a group that was last featured in the Predacons Rising line – the Terrorcons.

Today we will be looking at the two first Terrorcons to be released – Rippersnapper and the Terrorcon Leader – Hun-Gurrr.

Excerpt from Blog: The Power of the Primes toyline continues at a good pace, and just in time for some midyear toy sales, the next two leader class figures - both sporting the evolve gimmick - have hit the shelves.* The first of these is a brand new mould and likely to excite those who are Beast Wars fans – Optimal Optimus! The second is a recolour (albiet a very cool one!) of a previous figure and a brand new (sorta) character – Rodimus Unicronus!

Default Toys Review

Excerpt from Blog: I’ll put my hand up to not being a massive Transformers Crossover toy fan. Oh I’ve got a few token ones – a couple from Star Wars, a couple from Marvel, heck – even one from My Little Kitty. So I was kind of bemused when I saw they were making to celebrate it’s 30 year anniversary Street Fighter II Transformer figures.

But then I saw some pics and knew I had to have some!

Default Fan Interview

Excerpt from Blog: In the last couple of years many of the Aussie online toy importers have shut down or are under investigation. The introduction of GST on all overseas purchases under a thousand dollars has made importing many toys too expensive – especially since you have to pay an extra 10% on the postage as well. Any overseas companies such as the US branch of Amazon who don’t comply with the new GST laws are simply refusing to ship to Australia from this point on. And now the biggest toy stores to find in this land – Toys’R’Us – are shutting their doors forever.

So whether it be in real life or online, avenue after avenue that was once available to your Aussie toy collector and disappearing. The Golden Age is Over.

To see how this is affecting your average collectibles buff, we talk to three toy collectors and find out their take on the current situation – Dallas, Darryl and Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Excerpt from Blog: The Power of the Primes toyline continues at a good pace, and just in time for some midyear toy sales, the next two leader class figures - both sporting the evolve gimmick - have hit the shelves.* The first of these is a brand new mould and likely to excite those who are Beast Wars fans – Optimal Optimus! The second is a recolour (albiet a very cool one!) of a previous figure and a brand new (sorta) character – Rodimus Unicronus!

Here's something for a display -- have R. Unicronus and Lobo having a beer at a bikie pub.

And to make it more dramatic, throw in Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Here's something for a display -- have R. Unicronus and Lobo having a beer at a bikie pub.

And to make it more dramatic, throw in Deadpool.
    Ha, that’s great! I was just thinking the other day how if DC had a Deadpool equivalent it would be Lobo. Especially since in the latest Injustice 2 comics Lobo gets hold of a Green Lantern ring and keeps making very obscene constructs

Latest in a series of interviews with Aussie Transformer fans. This time we talk to long time OCTA member Brendan

Finally got to see Brendon's collection in the interview, looks awesome and he is a top bloke as well.

Quality stuff as always Trev.

Excerpt from Blog: With RID disappearing into the sunset, leaving most fans with a ‘yeah, it was alright I guess’ taste in their mouths, many have been anticipating the new Cyberverse cartoon and toyline. However if what one reads online is to be believed, fans are already being put off with what they perceive to be overly simplistic figures.

On Father’s Day I received two from the new line, and both characters I obsessively collect. So without further ado let’s take a look at Cyberverse: Warrior-Class Shockwave and Ultra-Class Grimlock.