Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And... the thread is closed. Their moderators have no idea how to run a forum. Deleting posts ad hoc and locking threads for no reason does not a good forum make. "It looks like this thread has ran its course, so I'm closing it." What exactly is the reason? Wouldn't it have run its course when, say, people stopped posting in it? Or when something was actually done about the issues raised? Can you imagine if we just randomly locked threads here eight hours after the first post?
    They may not know how to run a forum but they do know how to eliminate unwanted discussions in order to maintain 'positivity'.

It's not lack of moderating experience that is causing this extreme moderating but rather some misguided attempt at wanting to stay on Mattel's 'good side' that has caused them to implement a control of all discussions so that the board atmosphere promotes a positive view of Mattel/Scott.

Emiliano strongly disagreed with this one sided ideology and was booted from the board for it.

The .org must have initiated a "No Bad Mouthing Toyguru" policy. Expect the Forum Rules to be amended to reflect it in the next few days

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You know, there's nothing worse than a bully who is a coward! How dare they close threads because they're afraid that things might get negative. That's the lowest, most pathetic course of action ever. Sure, I don't like name-calling or constant smarmy comments, but people should have a right to defend their POV in a coherent and reasonable manner. No one (on either side) resorted to any bad behaviour, but the thread was closed? That leads me to only one conclusion: The Mods closed it because it was "Anti-Scott". Do they think he's the King and anyone who speaks ill of him is committing treason? Now I remember why I haven't posted there much in the past 3 years. Might have to go back to that I guess that's what they want though: get rid of the nay-sayers and nit-pickers... ie, the people pointing out the OBVIOUS flaws, lies, and deceptions! No wonder George W Bush got 2 terms

I think they are really embracing this new ideology too much over there. It's toxic and unhealthy for the franchise! Strongarm positive tactics will only force people to be more reactionary in a negative way. They've already got one of the worst reputations for blatant over-censorship among toy forums on the net (on other forums) and it's getting worse. Hmmm... I wonder what the only common denominator is

Their FAQ states "He-Man.org may be a fan-created site, but a portion of the content legally belongs to Mattel. Mattel even helped us create our Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Policy." Hmm...

Their FAQ states "He-Man.org may be a fan-created site, but a portion of the content legally belongs to Mattel. Mattel even helped us create our Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Policy." Hmm...

So Mattel partially pays for it? That would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So Mattel partially pays for it? That would explain a lot.
    I don't know if it means that, but it seems the site is conscious of the possibility that Mattel might somehow mess them up if they don't stay on the corporation's good side.

I don't know if it means that, but it seems the site is conscious of the possibility that Mattel might somehow mess them up if they don't stay on the corporation's good side.
    In order for Mattel to be able to mess them up, they would have to be contributing to it somehow otherwise the worst they can do is not have Scott post there.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In order for Mattel to be able to mess them up, they would have to be contributing to it somehow otherwise the worst they can do is not have Scott post there.
    It might just be a reference towards Mattel's IP rights on the line. Although mattel helping to make the legal disclaimer and stuff shows an extra hand I didn't expect.

I wonder what the person/people who founded He-man.org think. Are they still around? (I am assuming it was up and running before MOTUC and possibly had a presence before 20xx of course..)