Page 1 of 63 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Default UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

EDIT UPDATE - contact details for Australia (to chase up damaged or missing issues, or to update your payment details)

Since the change of Australian distributor, and change of billing to the UK head office of Hachette, contact details and payment details have changed.
    Payments will appear as a UK charge, with foreign fees if your bank has foreign transaction fees.

If you need to contact them in the UK...
    Email - customer_service_aus@hachette-service.com
    Phone - Call this number: 02 8378 7930 (Open Mon-Fri 17.00-23.00 AEST) - it is an Australian number that will redirect to the UK at their expense. (you won't be charged for the international phonecall, if calling within Australia).

If you have been sent a "backorder" notice because they couldn't supply a certain volume (probably ran out of copies), contact them if it doesn't show up after 6 months. That's a long wait, but that is what I was told, as it probably takes a few months for replacements to be found or maybe reprinted, and shipped from their side of the world (if they are sending stock in batches to Australia).

-----------------------------------------------------------

From this news topic - IT"S BEEN SIGHTED HERE IN AUS!!!

$7.99 Issue 1...

$19.99 ongoing

Website is updated with AUS details too...

http://www.transformerscollection.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TransformersG1Collection/

Last edited by griffin; 1st August 2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: created new topic and added images plus extra details

Thank goodness. The cost of shipping forwarding was too expensive to justify, but this is at least affordable
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So can you buy these at physical stores or do you have to subscribe? I only want issue 5 haha
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    So can you buy these at physical stores or do you have to subscribe? I only want issue 5 haha
    You can buy them at newsagents, though if you want issue 5 you'll have to wait till about October 16th (as 1 issue comes out a fortnight).

Also might be worth mentioning to anyone interested, subscribing is the best option if you plan to get them all as not all newsagents end up getting issues in, I've seen it happen in the past where they will get issues 1-5 in but then stop because of low sales etc, so subscribing is the best option if one doesnt want to miss out

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    IT"S BEEN SIGHTED HERE IN AUS!!!

$7.99 Issue 1...

$19.99 ongoing

Website is updated with AUS details too...

http://www.transformerscollection.com/
    I've been waiting!

Seeing the Star Trek version at the Newsagents gave me hope.

I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I am torn though as I only really want half of this. Anyone only want the IDW volumes? We could team up!
    I collected the Star Trek fact files twenty years ago - still in a box somewhere.

So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So these are covering IDW as well eh? Awesome! All of it or just selected issues? Are they covering the Dreamwave era as well?
    Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.

Volumes release in the UK so far have included Marvel US, Marvel UK, Dreamwave and IDW - supposed to be all G1 so not things like the Armada or Movieverse comics, but it does have ReGeneration One.
    Cheers for the info. Hmmm.... it says 'definitive' but not 'comprehensive' so I assume it wont include absolutely everything. Was just wondering if I should stop buying regaulr comics from this point on as they will eventually show up in this set but who knows eh.

Looking at what has been released (list on wikipedia) I'd say there's a good chance that it will be all of DW and IDW.
    The latest mentioned volume as far as numbering is 64 which has comics from 2014-2015 so I think there's a good chance that volumes 65-80 will have comics from 2015-2017, so I'd say if it's G1 it will be in the collection somewhere

I never had anything to do with the comics back in the day so I'm in now to make up for lost time. I'm really only interested in the Marvel stuff but will give the more modern stuff a shot too.