Thread: Another Transformers movie being planned

Default Another Transformers movie being planned

Even though TF5 put the brakes on the live action movies, the producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has commented that it made enough money to warrant more... but they are currently focussing on the Bumblebee movie at the moment, but will look for script writers for the next movie, soon.
    The source article can be found here, and we are likely to hear more about it this weekend at SDCC, as there is going to be a Bumblebee Movie panel.

Well I hope it's a proper reboot that will treat the Transformers characters right.

I for one don't want a reboot. I like the world-building that has taken place in the movieverse to date, particularly what was hinted at in the last two movies, and it would be a shame to ignore it all for a reboot just because the last one performed below expectations.

I think the weak point to date has been the writing - since each movie is written one at a time, there's no overarching direction, and each movie just builds on the last. This is how franchises have traditionally been written, but the Marvel model has popularised the idea of planning out arcs for several movies. It's something that Paramount and Hasbro have tried to adopt, since Steven Spielberg and Akiva Goldsman assembled a writers' room in 2015 to plan out the next few movies.

They're certainly not out of material to use, since Michael Bay said that the writers' room had come up with 14 stories. Perhaps some of this work is what Lorenzo di Bonaventura was talking about in the section where he talks about the different concepts that have come up.

Hiring an actual scriptwriter (rather than one who just writes what Michael Bay wants) would be a good start. Nonesensical plots are killing the franchise
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Hiring an actual scriptwriter (rather than one who just writes what Michael Bay wants) would be a good start. Nonesensical plots are killing the franchise
    Does this mean that Michael Bay's role of producer on this Bumblebee movie is more like director disguised as a producer?

This youtube video is interesting, for commenting on some possible reasons why TF7 was put on hold, noting that future TFs Movies will depend on how the scaled down Bumblebee Movie does... as the profit margins and viewer ratings are no longer good enough to risk any more, at least, not without some significant success with this year's "cheaper" version of a live Transformers Movie.

Please not Michael Bay. Please not Michael Bay. Please not Michael Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I for one don't want a reboot. I like the world-building that has taken place in the movieverse to date, particularly what was hinted at in the last two movies, and it would be a shame to ignore it all for a reboot just because the last one performed below expectations.
    ↑Agree.

Although given that the film franchise is now over a decade old, I wouldn't be completely against a reboot either. But I would also like to see them continue with what Bayformers has already established. Maybe a soft reboot like what The Incredible Hulk did for Hulk, or what Spider-Man Homecoming did for the previous Spider-Man films etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Please not Michael Bay. Please not Michael Bay. Please not Michael Bay.

↑Agree.

Although given that the film franchise is now over a decade old, I wouldn't be completely against a reboot either. But I would also like to see them continue with what Bayformers has already established. Maybe a soft reboot like what The Incredible Hulk did for Hulk, or what Spider-Man Homecoming did for the previous Spider-Man films etc.
    Same. I wouldn’t mind a reboot but I’d like to see the Unicron/Quintessa angle play out.

That said, I saw TF5 in Gold Class and have watched my Blu Ray of it once so my interest in this universe has definitely wained. I even watched ROTF more than that

Hasbro might be planning a little Universe building ala Marvel.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Hasbro might be planning a little Universe building ala Marvel.
    Didn’t they already admit to doing that with this writers room they held and nutted out several movies worth?

I feel like this current universe is just a dogs breakfast of random ideas cobbler together. I wouldn’t mind a reboot personally.