Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Darn straight, Sherlock.
    ahh just you wait
    not only do i have to save for all the figures now, i also have to save for all the paint im going to need :P

My headmaster army will be a formidable adversary my friend

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    ahh just you wait
    not only do i have to save for all the figures now, i also have to save for all the paint im going to need :P

My headmaster army will be a formidable adversary my friend
    All talk, Jennifer. All talk.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

i maximum dare one of you customerisers to repaint Beast cybertron or 10th Anniversary Megatron into Maximum Dinobots Grimlock

the toy looks like the IDW grimlock to me

The latest issue looked like it has some Purple Sunstreaker (Dia)Clones.

Pretty good issue too and the best fiction version of the characters Grimlock called for help I've ever seen. I found the sixth Eureka robot's final comment to Skywatch very funny.

But I was also shocked by the violence in this. See what Grimlock does to one Clone! I've never seen an Autobot do something like that to a human (outside of the mind control in Dreamwave's first series which doesn't really count). Woah! Hardcore!

I just got #3 today, and I have to say that I am loving this series. Grimlock's 'reinforcements' were totally off-the-wall in their choice, and I think that is awesome.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 27th February 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I just got #3 today, and I have to say that I am loving this series. Grimlock's 'reinforcements' were totally off-the-wall in their choice, and I think that is awesome.
    Could not agree more, those three never got much love in any previous media, and they were not whom I was expecting!

The art by Roche is getting better and better, his work on HR in particular really rook me back to the G2 in terms of damage shown to the robots, great stuff.

Story didnt move heaps, but it did something not yet seen in AHM, some character development, these Dynobots are not Cardboard cut-outs.

And nice to get some closure on other characters who I assume would have had bigger roles had not AHM come along.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I did a bit of re-reading today, and I'm finding the gags (all two of them) regarding Grimlock's speech pattern in the cartoon to be quite funny. It's good that they're not overdone-that keeps them from getting stale.

This has gotten me interested in reading more of the IDWverse comics (not AHM, since that apparently drops the stealth aspect of the other comics-which is what interests me-to have the 'cons blow stuff up). Where would I be able to find the trade paperbacks?

TFAW is where I get my comics from. In US dollars but it ends up being much cheaper than the local stores (although maybe not so much now that the aussie dollar is so crap).

Anyway, they seem to have all the TPBs still. Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, Devastation, Revelation, the 3 Spotlights and AHM.

http://www.tfaw.com/Search/_results_...t_at_search=30

Failing TFAW, you can try Amazon, whose prices are reasonable, and even though the $AU is down the gurgler after shipping prices are still competitive.

Some of the chain book stores like Borders and Angus and Robertson will order them in for you, but their prices are steep.

Kings Comics in Sydney also do nationwide shipping, but stock from those guys can be iffy, and prices are similar to Borders and co.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I have read Maximum Dinobots up to issue 3.

I am very much enjoying this series a lot more than AHM and I_amtrunks is absolutely right, there is a lot more story in these few issues than the whole run of AHM so far. This is the sort of Transformer comic I want to read, something that has an intriguing story, good action and unexpected appeareances from G1 characters beyond 84-86.

I do agree with people who don't like the Dinobots' new designs. I like Grimlock's but Snarl's and Swoop's are pretty shocking. They could have modernized the Dinosaur Altmode without impacting the robot mode as much, they did it for Grimlock so its possible.

When it comes to the story, I actually thought Swoop had left since traditionally he is the more 'emo' of the bunch and it showed here. The Dinobots received a lot more character development in these few issues than the 19 years since the end of Marvel G1.

The Monsterbots appearance blew me away and shows that Furman is still willing to give obscure or lesser known characters the spotlight without always dwelling on the 84-86 bunch. It is also good to see that as far as 'what came before' is concerned, this book has a good hold in continuity and does not appear to be breaking from it anytime soon.

I have a feeling that Furman is following his own story continuity with Maximum Dinobots and may not end up connecting it with AHM at all making the said comic series within a continuity Bubble of its own as it should have been from the start.

I expected Maximum Dinobots to start off with 'continuity damage control' but instead its gone to tell its own story following the previous 'Furman' continuity.

To me, it seems that AHM is in continuity with I/S/D/MD only because IDW as a business says so not because there is actual narrative in the books making it so unless something is radically forced in a single issue. So far there is nothing concrete in the narrative telling us that there is a conscious effort to amend these two 'continuities' into one and we are already late in the game.
    Last edited by kup; 9th March 2009 at 09:15 AM.