Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: IDW Wreckers part 3 & FCBD Unicron #0

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Wow, that totally didn't occur to me. Going back to an existing continuity would be awesome. Loved the Marvel US/UK run.
    That's not what I meant, but who knows. I thought I read a rumour somewhere the it could be going back to being a Marvel property next year.

Having gone through this with Star Wars a few years ago I can understand the hesitation and, well, anger.

I can also see why it would be good. With over 10years of lore and background it could be crippling and handicapping the writers. Imagine going into work saying 'i have this amazing idea for a new story with character x' but you get shot down because people need to investigate what has been happening with character X over the last 13 years and where they are now. Etc.

So don't fall into the hole of THESE STORIES NEVER HAPPENED NOW AND I HAVE WASTED ALL THIS TIME AND MONEY READING THESE!

Again look at star wars. They rebooted but also acknowledged and sometimes even included previous lore such as bringing in Thrawn to the Rebels cartoon 😊

Philby, I'm not concerned about whether stories happened or not. I don't want the inclusiveness that's been the back bone of the IDW comics to be flushed. A reboot doesn't invalidate past continuities for me.

A reboot means that the newer characters can be reintroduced as being there from the start much like how Thrawn was brought into SW Rebels. If Chromedome and Rewind aren't a couple in the new continuity fine but don't drop the concept that these guys are capable of loving relationships or that these characters can identify as female or non binary.

(posts with rants and very personal opinions moved to the rants topic here)

^Well that's a relief.

Anyway. I'm thinking about starting to read IDW again. I own everything up to the end of Dark Cybertron and would be picking up from there. It seems like IDW has had a great run with the comics. Most of what I read was great to me with the exception of the 2009 - 2011 "The Transformers" and I'm looking forward to how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Having gone through this with Star Wars a few years ago I can understand the hesitation and, well, anger.
    So don't fall into the hole of THESE STORIES NEVER HAPPENED NOW AND I HAVE WASTED ALL THIS TIME AND MONEY READING THESE!

Again look at star wars. They rebooted but also acknowledged and sometimes even included previous lore such as bringing in Thrawn to the Rebels cartoon 😊
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about it that way..... thanks Philby
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about it that way..... thanks Philby
    Also Transformers is a multiverse. IDW is just one of many Transformers universes that exist in canon. This ending of the current IDW continuity is no different than the end of G1, BW, RID, AEC, TFA or the Aligned continuity. All the stories are still canon, even with their inconsistencies we have to work through with headcanon. What Lucasfilm did was different in that they made much of the Star Wars universe officially non-canon.

An excerpt from a Previews interview of various IDW people has more commentary on the upcoming Unicron comic series, confirming that they are still going to be doing Transformers comics after Unicron, but the focus is currently on... how will this 13 year story end.

“This is going to be the conclusion to the story — and the universe — that IDW launched back with Transformers: Infiltration #0 in 2005. IDW and Hasbro still have plenty more to say with Transformers — don’t misunderstand that! — but for this particular history, it’s all over. Now — whether that history gets wiped out or gets a nice happy ending for everybody? That’s the part that is playing out in the Unicron event”.

For those who missed out on the Free Comic Book Day issue of the Unicron comic, it is now on Comixology and Amazon for free... in time for the new mini-series that is said to end the current IDW Transformers universe.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those who missed out on the Free Comic Book Day issue of the Unicron comic, it is now on Comixology and Amazon for free... in time for the new mini-series that is said to end the current IDW Transformers universe.
    Is it just me or are the release dates for the mini series and next issues of the
    Monthly series keep getting pushed back?

I don’t mind if it means that we finally get a decent IDW event. It strikes me as no surprise that we are getting Unicron now to wipe the slate clean after all the primus awful crossovers and other hasbro rubbish toylines leeching the energy and decency or of the transformers comics.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)