Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

Items I picked up from the post office today:

JP Beast Wars Crystal Beast Convoy (looks a little off-white, but is 12 years old, so is probably normal)
    European Rotorstorm
    Gen2 Turquoise Grimlock
    Animorphs Marco/Beetle (that completes my Animorphs Transformers)
    Microns X-Dimension MM12 Air Military Team (Fram, Glide, Recon)

Also got the Armada Store Exclusive recolour of Super-pants Prime. This is the LAST Armada toy I was missing, but since it was just a recolour, and was sold in a multi-pack of toys that were not recolours (Armada Jetfire and six Minicons), this wasn't a toy I thought I would end up getting without doubling up on the others. I then noticed a few weeks back that a number of loose figures were appearing on ebay of just the recoloured toy loose (after 5 years since its release, I guess people were finally selling it from their *loose* collections).
    I got one within my price range, which made me feel really happy to be tying up that loose end. And it is actually my favourite colour version of that toy, as the gold colouring on the truck section matches the gold highlights on the trailer (the trailer is exactly the same as the original version). The original version HAD to be red on the top half to have that classic Optimus look, but it bugged me that it had gold highlights on the trailer that didn't go well with the red. Fortunately, the US Kmart exclusive recolour fixes up that problem, but giving it a matching gold coloured top half.
    Below is a comparisson photo of the four colour versions of Super-pants Prime. From left is: Powerlinx Prime (general release recolour), US Kmart exclusive Prime, Regular first release Prime, US Costco exclusive Prime.

Marco looks so fat! Cassy or whoever the south American character was, was nice!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Damn you Mel! Making me so jealous of those Encore Seekers! (I'm still waiting for my online store to get 'em in stock)

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    And here's how they look like when opened. Funny some of the stickers are already applied? For the hasbro ones, you have to stick all of them yourself:
    That's cos they know halfwits like me always seem to mess 'em up...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It does look much nicer~

And here's how they look like when opened. Funny some of the stickers are already applied?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    If you look more closely, those aren't stickers but something nicer (actually painted/printed on)

Dirge, I'll get photo of the box tonight sometime.

Yes, the seller told me this was a diaclone version so it is probably that. but the box photo should be able to identify him.

Griffin, I have nearly completed all I want on the JP figures. Your latest acquisition is one that also generates droolage syndrome.. its great !!! I look forward to your acquisitions always.

Thanks for the reference guide BTW.

Default Happy Birthday to me!

I went out yesterday on a supply run and bought my self a Classics Prowl

I had so had to not open the package till this morning.

Like a kid

Gawd I'm getting Old.....
    Autobots:119 Decepticons: 80
    Maximals:20 Predacons: 07
    Minicons:58 Unicron: 3
    Total:283

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I also bought the "red G1 Optimus Prime/Megatron t-shirt" from Big W... maybe we should use this as the temporary Ozformers shirt until the real one gets made!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Damn you Mel! Making me so jealous of those Encore Seekers! (I'm still waiting for my online store to get 'em in stock)

Sorry pulse, but FOR ONCE, I wanted to be the first to get the new encore.. hehe.. Hope your online store stocks them soon okay..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If you look more closely, those aren't stickers but something nicer (actually painted/printed on)
    Really kyle? I didn't scrutinized them, man I so wanted to take a sickie today to stay home and open up my figures..
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Even better! I'm so glad they've made these improvements over the commemorative series from just a couple of years ago...

Sorry pulse, but FOR ONCE, I wanted to be the first to get the new encore.. hehe.. Hope your online store stocks them soon okay..
    Oh that's ok My store finally got 'em in stock today... "Yay!"

You realise now that you're gonna have to open up Screamer & take some action shots with the 3 of them?