Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

Can't remember any TFs?! What about that one that turned into a vehicle? Or there was that other one with the thing and he did all that stuff and Optimus was like "oh" and then Megatron comes in and he's like "AARGH".

Ahh, those memorable Bayformers. Good times.

What about the guy with the gun who got pwned by Optimus? Oh wait that is every Decepticon in the franchise.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    That's the point I was trying to make by suggesting people watch Bay's other movies.
    Yeah but... I'm a fan of Transformers, not a fan of Michael Bay (although I don't mind Bad Boys; other Bay movies don't really interest me all that much ). The Age of Extinction toys were fairly ordinary on the whole, but we know that they're made by the same people at Hasbro and TakaraTOMY who give us stuff like Classicsverse and Masterpiece. So we know that they're capable of creating excellent Transformers toys. But this does not at all impact on the Age of Extinction toys. We can often see good and bad stuff from the same creative people, but the good stuff doesn't necessarily make the bad stuff any better. After all, Star Wars IV: A New Hope demonstrates that George Lucas can make a good Star Wars movie.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I did watch other Bay movies. Some are great. And like I said, his TF line went from not bad (good in fact) to urm... really? And since I am not the only one who thinks this way, I am glad.

The first movie captured the basic spirit of the G1 cartoon reasonably well. The sequels not so much.

So... how many keen fans of the movies are gonna be watching Revenge of the Fallen on TV tonight? IMHO a good movie is one that you love to rewatch over and over again. e.g. if The Empire Strikes Back were airing tonight, and I had time to watch it, I'd definitely see it. So... I wonder how many people who have the time to watch this movie tonight, will actually tune in and watch it from start to finish, or go find something else to do in their spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The first movie captured the basic spirit of the G1 cartoon reasonably well. The sequels not so much.

So... how many keen fans of the movies are gonna be watching Revenge of the Fallen on TV tonight? IMHO a good movie is one that you love to rewatch over and over again. e.g. if The Empire Strikes Back were airing tonight, and I had time to watch it, I'd definitely see it. So... I wonder how many people who have the time to watch this movie tonight, will actually tune in and watch it from start to finish, or go find something else to do in their spare time.
    I think my sock drawer needs rearranging...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    This is my new favourite thread to read when I am bored.

Oh the hypocrisy featured here

But it does make me LOL.
    Same - i'm not going to get drawn back into the heated debate as I've realised long ago that I am not going to be able to change anyones perceptions. As someone who really liked the movies for the most part but still got irirated with some of the flaws I'm too much of a fence sitter anyway

It does amuse me however, that so many folk that have hated a few 2-hour-something movies have probably spent probably 10 times longer talking about why they hated them than actually watching the movies themselves Then there are others who bag out the movies who haven't even watched them which I find rather odd, best to experience and make up ones own mind rather than rely on the opinions of others I feel.

It's a bit like with Athiesm. A passionate athiest still thinks about gods all the time, albiet in terms of denying their existence. Then you have other forms of athiest who have just dismissed the idea of gods altogether so much that the topic never even enters their mind. There are some who hate the movies so much they have turned it into a consuming passion - often talking about them far more than people that loved the flicks! Then there are others who didn't like the movies so much they have put them from mind and wouldn't even consider bothering to chat about them.

And no - I am definetly not putting Michael Bay in a 'god catagory'

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It also amuses me that people do not see why so many are not at all happy the way tf movies has gone. In honesty it has lost the plot and other than Optimus prime all the rest of the transformers are a bunch of expendable assets. Along with a bubble bee who have no voice and lost loyalty to be guardian to wickwicky.

It is a popcorn movie, I give you that. But that's all. The franchise is already that bad I doubt it can be any better anymore without a proper reboot by someone else.

I am watching the Last ship produced by bay, it's way better than tf movies.
    So there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    It also amuses me that people do not see why so many are not at all happy the way tf movies has gone. In honesty it has lost the plot and other than Optimus prime all the rest of the transformers are a bunch of expendable assets. Along with a bubble bee who have no voice and lost loyalty to be guardian to wickwicky.

It is a popcorn movie, I give you that. But that's all. The franchise is already that bad I doubt it can be any better anymore without a proper reboot by someone else.

I am watching the Last ship produced by bay, it's way better than tf movies.
    So there you go.

Um.... You do realise you kinda just proved my point rather than providing a coherent rebuttal right? You did this last time too. You are so consumed with your hatred of the flick you don't seen to realise I'm just providing a bit of off-hand analysis of the debate itself rather than trying to promote or defend the movies. Yelling back at me about how the movies suck completely misses the points I'm discussing and in actual fact kinda reinforces them.

Tell ya what, find someone who, like my points about personal attacks, more gets what I'm trying to say and then come back

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I think my sock drawer needs rearranging...
    Bahahahahahahahahaha!