Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Chaos on Velocitron set at aus tru?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Possible Chaos on Velocitron set at aus tru?

Saw this in my emails about the new tru werribee plaza opening and saw this, stock image for the prize pack or are they...actually gonna give it to us?

Was in the opening day catalog (enter postcode 3029 to see the catalog) about their specials

Anyway the pack is supposedly worth over $500 so unless there is stuff missing from the stock image we could work out the set cost, gotta spend $30 in store between the 20th and the 30th and swipe your vip card to enter

Competition closes May 30th 2017. Conditions apply. Transformers Pack, Vuly Thunder Pro or Vuly Lift Pro Trampoline and Tent, or Smart Trike Dazzle 5-in-1 Trike competition details: Spend $30 or more at Werribee between 20/05/2017 to 30/05/2017 and swipe your registered VIP Club at the register to automatically go in the draw to win. See toysrus.com.au/promotions for full terms and conditions
    Otherwise speculation fueled by image blunder.

(Also only "good" opening day special was the rid deployers at $14.99 or something, wasn't paying attention since it wasn't for me)

Fingers crossed.

It was never ruled out... but there wasn't anything "upcoming" when I last asked them a month ago.
    The set has just been found in Canada, adding to its release in America and Hong Kong... so it was always possible here, but just an unknown after they had just been cutting back on exclusives here.

No need for guesses, the T&C page has the full details.

Prize Type - Major Prize 1 & 2
    Prize:
    1 x Transformers Generations Fan Built Combiner valued at $199.99
    1 x Transformers Generations G2 Bruticus Collection Pack valued at $199.99
    1 x Transformers Power Surge Optimus Prime valued at $99.99
    1 x Transformers Generations Series Pack 1 – Speed valued at $199.99
    Quantity - 2
    Value - $699.96
    Does seem a good indication that we'll be getting Chaos on Velocitron and that it will retail for $199.99

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It was never ruled out... but there wasn't anything "upcoming" when I last asked them a month ago.
    The set has just been found in Canada, adding to its release in America and Hong Kong... so it was always possible here, but just an unknown after they had just been cutting back on exclusives here.
    Also in Singapore based on sightings at other forums.

Woohoo. I was going to place an order at TRU US site for the set next fortnight, but if it's going to be locally available I'll get it from the Aussie site.

I asked them last week and they had nothing in their system. I really want this set so I am happy that they will eventually get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I asked them last week and they had nothing in their system. I really want this set so I am happy that they will eventually get it.
    Yeah I hope they get it but I just received a response from tru saying:

"Unfortunately it looks as if we are not receiving the Speed set or any of the other variations

Apologies for the inconvenience"

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Yeah I hope they get it but I just received a response from tru saying:

"Unfortunately it looks as if we are not receiving the Speed set or any of the other variations

Apologies for the inconvenience"
    I guarantee if they're calling it the speed set there's a high chance they're not looking in the right place. That being said it's coming through one of the promotions as a prize and they more than like Wouldn't just order and import a single one as a prize

Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    I guarantee if they're calling it the speed set there's a high chance they're not looking in the right place. That being said it's coming through one of the promotions as a prize and they more than like Wouldn't just order and import a single one as a prize
    They could if it is just a few samples from Hasbro, or specially ordered in from ToysRUs in another country knowing that they decided against selling it here... but yes, it is unlikely.