Thread: KO fansproject stuff

Default KO fansproject stuff

has anyone bought any of the KO fansproject stuff off of ebay?? whatst he quality like compared to the original fansproject trailers?

( on a side note i have to laugh at the people making money off of a company thats making money off another companys IP , though i suppose fansproject arnt directly stealing tak/hasbro's IP )

I have seen the KO City Commander molds. They look similar in pictures to the real article but in person the quality differences are very noticeable. I'll name a few:

1. Armor parts don't fit well with the inner bot (arms slide out, shoulders don't stay in place)

2. The molding and paint finishes are rougher.

3. It is more fragile so the chances of breakage are higher.

The above appears to apply the same for all KO City Commander versions (Magnus, Shadow, Powered).

Note however that there are 'variations of intensity' when it comes to the flaws above. All the CC KOs have problems but how severe it may be can vary from toy to toy.

maybe i'll pass then i'm not a big fan of ko's anyway but if the quality isnt toooooo bad and it saves some $ then why not , but i'd much rather have the real thing
    i lost a magnus + body armor on ebay the other day by 1$ because i was up a mountain out of signal range for my phone!!!

I have the KO because I couldn't find the original for a decent price in the aftermarket. As Kup says it has the sort of flaws you would expect from a KO produced with far less care than the original.

Basically it cost half as much and is half as good, I don't regret buying it at all, but if you could find an original at the original price that would be better.

I got the City Commander KO version for cost reasons. All of the flaws that Kup mentioned are present in mine, as well as some of the hinges are quite loose. Having said that, the trailer comes together quite firmly and the fit on the base figure is not too bad. The shoulders and arms are the worst, but thankfully they are too loose rather than too tight, which I've been able to fix with a thin foam glued to the inside of the armour, which doesn't affect transformation at all. I've got a better paint job planned and a set of Reprolabels and I'm more than happy with the purchase. It's possible that I just got lucky though...

I seriously considered going down the KO route for City Commander, however due to the above mentioned reasons ended up buying the real thing. It cost me though.

Picked up a Magnus/skywarp classics pack from ebay and the CC upgrade from here. Looks like they still have some left.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain