Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Got my Stinkor the other day. Pretty fast considering how slow it's been all year.

My God those forearms are even worse in person . I honestly thought that, although I was annoyed, maybe I could live with them. But they are terrible... Really awful. whether you believe it was a deliberate decision or not (I don't!), how ToyGuru has convinced anyone that it was a good idea is beyond me
    Stinkor certainly 'pops' doesn't he?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Stinkor certainly 'pops' doesn't he?
    lol yeah!

But I mean, seriously, all those Matty Apologists on the Org, and all those family forum members who defend Scott's every decision must be either blind or stoooopid! I'm trying not to be too harsh, but what the hell are they seeing that I'm not. People actually like it, or just say they do! It looks awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    lol yeah!

But I mean, seriously, all those Matty Apologists on the Org, and all those family forum members who defend Scott's every decision must be either blind or stoooopid! I'm trying not to be too harsh, but what the hell are they seeing that I'm not. People actually like it, or just say they do! It looks awful!
    There are always people like that who will blindly follow and defend authority regardless of how abusive it may be. Scott has set himself up as 'the king' of the MOTUC line and people will defend him to the bitter end just because he is in charge and providing them figures no matter how much he may abuse his position. You will also notice that those same people have a deluded view that Scott/Mattel is 'doing us a favor and that we should be grateful for anything they give us' mentality as if we are a charity case rather than customers paying good money for supposedly premium products.

People have been like that for centuries and all the tyrants in history (and now Corporations) have always taken advantage of that.
    Last edited by kup; 14th June 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Yeah, it's one of the (many) reasons I don't interact much on the Org these days. Some of those people are scary Nuts!

Stinkor and The Mighty Spector arrived today from BBTs. just got back from work so I will post pics/thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks to enjoying the old cartoon again I finally bit the bullet and bought Classics He-Man on ebay. If I'm happy with it I'll get Skeletor as well. Maybe Battle Cat too but no more. I spent too much on MotU200X to start again with Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBreaker View Post
    Thanks to enjoying the old cartoon again I finally bit the bullet and bought Classics He-Man on ebay. If I'm happy with it I'll get Skeletor as well. Maybe Battle Cat too but no more. I spent too much on MotU200X to start again with Classics.
    You may be better off getting them from the source rather than eBay - Matty's international postage is great value: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.12422000

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBreaker View Post
    If I'm happy with it I'll get Skeletor as well. Maybe Battle Cat too but no more. I spent too much on MotU200X to start again with Classics.
    Yeah... that's how it starts! Once you get them in your hand, you'll want MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You may be better off getting them from the source rather than eBay - Matty's international postage is great value: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.12422000
    Agreed!

That's cool, I didn't realise you could buy older figures from Matty. I thought that everything was always sold out. Only trouble is they don't accept paypal.

Did anyone else get the new digital comic? If you don't want it, you can at least click preview to see a few pages and get an idea. It's by Geoff Johns, so it should be no surprise that it features Sir Laser Lot. It's... almost okay. It's definitely not fun and it's not nostalgic - for a 'spotlight' story I would have preferred something that read like an old minicomic - sadly they made far more entertaining comics as a free pack-in than this. This should have made me excited or had a 'wow' moment or some fantastic 'Easter eggs', but it just doesn't.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

There's an Eternia map, Beastmen and references to Scareglows and (sigh) the amazing Agent Spector, all of which are a bit meh. And evil Evil Lyn and Mer-Man look... unnecessarily different. I do like Sir Laser Lot's mace and Hordak's or Horde Prime's skull seems to play a role in the series, which could be interesting - certainly that's the highlight of the issue in terms of hope for a decent series. The best thing this does is give Sir Laser Lot an identity, which should help sales and enables us to 'care' about the toy (although bizarrely, it also seems to contradict Laser Lot's own bio.) Naturally I'll keep reading these, because any MOTU comic is better than none, but I do hope they get better.