Thread: Global IMAX Movie preview April 4th

Default Global IMAX Movie preview April 4th

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Australian event yet?

http://paramount.digitalticketing.com.au/olshGT6sfGS/

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the Australian event yet?

http://paramount.digitalticketing.com.au/olshGT6sfGS/
    That link says that they've already taken their limit of (free) reservations... so too late now.

I actually looked on the website that was linked to in the Global/American announcements of this global IMAX event, as it had an Australian search link, but it came up with no results (for me), so I figured that it meant we weren't getting this.

Managed to score tickets after I saw them post it on FB but didn't bother posting here because they were all gone after 10mins.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Managed to score tickets after I saw them post it on FB but didn't bother posting here because they were all gone after 10mins.
    Nice job then.
    Make sure you tell us all about it... like if there are any displays or they do anything else before or after the screening.
    And give us your impressions of the footage too of course.

It was a nice event, the offical Transformers Instagram and Facebook have put up photos if anyone is interested. The footage we saw primarily consisted of the human characters and was sort of an introduction to the story of the Last Knight. We got to see a fair amount of footage of Cogman and Hot Rod which was cool, Bumblebee and Crosshairs also had a few scenes in there. I won't go into any specifics unless anyone asks but there are plenty of sites out there with an in depth summary. Other than that it was pretty much the standard Michael Bay stuff, but I'm still excited to see the movie. On the way out they were giving out bags branded with the Paramount Pictures logo and it contained one of the four Transforemrs movies on DVD as well as a Last Knight Tiny Turbo Changer blind bag. I got Soundwave.

Thanks for the write up ILikeSoundwave, lucky with your blind figure.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

From the IMAX event around the world, a video has been posted up by Paramount.

They have also posted up the intro video by Micheal Bay, talking about his usage of 3D on this movie.

And fan reviews of some American locations, sounding very similar to the Sydney screening posted above by ILikeSoundwave.

Did anyone else here get to see it in Sydney last Tuesday?

Hong Kong had the same event yesterday.
    As far as I know only one local TF fan got tickets to go and won't tell anyone how he got them.
    They had a FB draw and only chose 10 winners, one of which immediately put his winning tickets up for sale (!!). I entered the draw but alas no luck.

Apparently, you needed to be friends or family of Hasbro/Paramount or a famous local celebrity to get tickets to the "fan" event. There is even a photo of someone asleep in their seat after the theatre emptied. Everyone was given a TLK legion toy as a freebie.
    Unfortunately for these kinds of events in HK, as happened with the AoE premiere, it is all about who you know rather than genuine fans getting to go along it seems.