Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

Quote Originally Posted by Oztron View Post
    That's lighter then Phoenix. How's it compare weigh wise to fort max or metro plex?
    I'd be inclined to go this way

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    Given that Metroplexs weight is quoted at ~12 pounds and Fort Max is listed as ~12 and a leader like Blaster is almost 2 I think it's pretty obvious that weight is wrong and is just a placeholder BBTS stuck there
    It'll still be hollow and light considering the toys we're getting these days in the TR line, regardless of it's weight.

Toys with hollowed out parts aren't necessarily lighter.
    e.g. Combiner Wars Hook weighs 176g whereas Generations Springer with all accessories attached weighs 148g. So despite Hook's 'hollowness,' he's actually heavier than non-hollowed Voyagers like Springer.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Dengeki Hobby posted 'pics' of LG-43 but it's all the same renders we saw from Hasbro but with their watermark on it. I'm not even sure if TT released the pics so it could just be them posting the Hasbro pics in order to run a story about it
    http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/349470/

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Via TF_Pr:

[im]http://i.imgur.com/vJM9iO6.jpg?1[/img]
    What are the odds that's the final paint jobs? I was hoping it had much more in the way of paint apps given the incredible detail of the mould.

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    What are the odds that's the final paint jobs? I was hoping it had much more in the way of paint apps given the incredible detail of the mould.
    I hope not! And it's a bit disconcerting when TTMall is using the same renders as Hasbro rather than live shots which they have traditionally done...

Nonetheless it's showing us the comparative size of the toy with Metroplex and that the tail isn't too short as others had been concerned about with the CG promotional renders.

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Paint apps? I'm leaning more towards a sticker kit like we've seen with metro and fort max. It still looks awesome though

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nonetheless it's showing us the comparative size of the toy with Metroplex and that the tail isn't too short as others had been concerned about with the CG promotional renders.
    It's a nice comparison for sure! But TT could have used a grey prototype to ably demonstrate scale and dimensions, or in the absence of that, put in a disclaimer that the final colours may vary etc...

This only confuses the consumer who is deciding which version to choose.

He's up at HLJ for preorder.

I was going to get him from PC, I cashed in my 1000 Energon points, went through the checkout and found that Zippay isn't working at the moment. Lame. I hope the $65 off coupon doesn't expire.