Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Jarlsburg Cheese - a soft, mild, creamy, sweet chees. It's expensive, but the major grocery chains stock it. My favourite cheese, that I just can't pass up buying most times I'm grocery shopping.

Golden Days Sesame Snaps with Dark Chocolate - crunchy, chewy, caramel chocolatey. Usually in the Health food section. Tried it on special a couple weeks ago, and can't get the taste out of my head.

Heaven Cookies & Cream Icecream-blocks - It's my favourite flavour of Icecream, with big chunks of biscuit in vanilla icecream, covered in chocolate... I'm just glad they haven't released it in stores as a multi-pack, as it is too expensive for me to get too often from 7-11 (the only store I seem to find it).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Jarlsburg Cheese - a soft, mild, creamy, sweet chees. It's expensive, but the major grocery chains stock it. My favourite cheese, that I just can't pass up buying most times I'm grocery shopping.
    This, mild salami and honey leg ham toasted and youve got an amazing sandwich

Double Classic Angus Burger with onion, from Hungry Jacks - So addictive, I eat them until I'm in pain from an overstuffed stomach.
    So having witnessed you eat 4 quad stackers without batting an eyelid (I still regale people with this story) how many of these does it take to stop you?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Look for the wedges of it as opposed to the slices.

What else is good.......... The purple/pink wonka nerds. Coles only has the crappy neons, woolies only has some really bad ripoff of them, bigw and lollyworld are the only places I find them now.

When you're next in the health food section, look for the apricot & coconut bars. Yum.

Oh yea, I'm onto those little boxes of sunbeam sultanas too.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So having witnessed you eat 4 quad stackers without batting an eyelid (I still regale people with this story) how many of these does it take to stop you?
    Haven't had more than 2 at a time. It hasn't been something I wanted to see how many I could eat at once. But I will often buy a couple other burgers at the same time with them...

Look for the wedges of it as opposed to the slices.
    I usually do go for the wedges, as it is more cost effective for such an expensive cheese.

This might surprise most who know me, but...
    I've been addicted to the prepared salads at Woolworths in the last couple weeks.
    They come in bags or plastic food trays, with individual bags of stuff to mix together.
    My favourite is the Ceasar salad, which is just a bag of lettuce with mini-bags of bacon, cheese, croutons and dressing. It's only $4, and is a cheap feed, even if I need 2 when I'm really hungry.
    The other favourites of mine is the Crunchy Coleslaw salad and Greek salad.
    Coles has them as well (each chain has them labelled as their own store brand but the ingrediants appear to be from the same source), and a few extra varieties, but are more expensive.

The last couple weeks have probably been the healthiest I've ever been. I wonder if that means I can now consume more saturated fats and junk food while in America... :P

This might surprise most who know me, but...
    I've been addicted to the prepared salads at Woolworths in the last couple weeks.
    They come in bags or plastic food trays, with individual bags of stuff to mix together.
    My favourite is the Ceasar salad, which is just a bag of lettuce with mini-bags of bacon, cheese, croutons and dressing. It's only $4, and is a cheap feed, even if I need 2 when I'm really hungry.
    The other favourites of mine is the Crunchy Coleslaw salad and Greek salad.
    Coles has them as well (each chain has them labelled as their own store brand but the ingrediants appear to be from the same source), and a few extra varieties, but are more expensive.

The last couple weeks have probably been the healthiest I've ever been. I wonder if that means I can now consume more saturated fats and junk food while in America... :P
    You've changed, man. You used to be cool. You used to be about the fatty foods.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't sweat it sleeve, the bacon, cheese and dressing make him more cool than ever.

It's a bunch of mini heart attacks with some water, (lettuce).
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Yeah, I had to cut back on the Ceasar salad after I saw how much fat is in it...

I got hooked to those too. I think the ceasar needs more bacon and dressing though.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|