Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6171767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sadly because of the new import laws I mean. )
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    BBTS just sent out a warning letter to ship your loot now, or be charged gst
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Really, well that sucks.
    Now the question for the mathematicians amongst us. BBTS has always remained feasible here due to that even with postage and currency conversion it cost equal or slightly less to get entire waves through them than buying locally. Is that about to be destroyed?

Now the question for the mathematicians amongst us. BBTS has always remained feasible here due to that even with postage and currency conversion it cost equal or slightly less to get entire waves through them than buying locally. Is that about to be destroyed?
    The cheapest option is TLTC for sure. BBTS is similar to TLTC on Hasbro products before shipping and without GST. I have not used BBTS in years so I'm not sure what shipping will be like compared to TLTC for the same amount of items, but it will be higher since TLTC charges a flat $15 per order.

BBTS has always been a bad choice for Takara products because you are paying import into America. HLJ, NY, etc have always been the better choice for Takara.

My quick back of the napkin math says before shipping BBTS will be similar to slightly higher than TLTC on Hasbro products going forward.

But keep in mind not everyone is confident in TLTC. Some people think they are the next PC. That said I use TLTC for much of my TF shopping. They have been in business for over a decade, they just need to communicate better as to shipping delays. I've always gotten what I ordered from them.

But BBTS has impeccable customer service on the other hand so it might be worth paying that little extra to use them.

I'm trying BBTS for the first time in years with my POTP Wave 3 preorders. I'll see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The cheapest option is TLTC for sure. BBTS is similar to TLTC on Hasbro products before shipping and without GST. I have not used BBTS in years so I'm not sure what shipping will be like compared to TLTC for the same amount of items, but it will be higher since TLTC charges a flat $15 per order.

BBTS has always been a bad choice for Takara products because you are paying import into America. HLJ, NY, etc have always been the better choice for Takara.

My quick back of the napkin math says before shipping BBTS will be similar to slightly higher than TLTC on Hasbro products going forward.

But keep in mind not everyone is confident in TLTC. Some people think they are the next PC. That said I use TLTC for much of my TF shopping. They have been in business for over a decade, they just need to communicate better as to shipping delays. I've always gotten what I ordered from them.

But BBTS has impeccable customer service on the other hand so it might be worth paying that little extra to use them.

I'm trying BBTS for the first time in years with my POTP Wave 3 preorders. I'll see how things go.
    Next question: Who is TLTC?
    (I genuinely dont know)

Next question: Who is TLTC?
    (I genuinely dont know)
    https://www.thelittletoycompany.com.au/ is their web site.

Also Trev this is TLTC's ebay store. https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/actionfi...p2047675.l2559
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 13th June 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Read their feedback thread very carefully Trev. People have had great and not so great experiences. BBTS guarantees you get your order, and promptly if you don't store your loot.... TLTC will make you wait, sometimes after it appears on retail AU shelves
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Read their feedback thread very carefully Trev. People have had great and not so great experiences. BBTS guarantees you get your order, and promptly if you don't store your loot.... TLTC will make you wait, sometimes after it appears on retail AU shelves
    They're great if they have the item in stock but I'd steer clear of doing a pre order, almost a year before I got my LG-46 Char/Kup T_T

my biggest frustration with BBTS has been having to buy an entire case, which often has doubles to get certain shortpacked figures. I still have left over deluxes from years ago when I was buying from BBTS that I couldn't sell at a reasonable price. Every year I drop a couple in a Christmas giving box somewhere.

TLTC allow individual selection of figures which is a great advantage. I am having trouble getting one takara figure out of them, it seems to be slipping month on month and was generally released in December I think. I've received everything else I've ordered from them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Would bbts get the universal studios snarl before june is over?

I have not much else to get from those guys and would like to avoid paying too much more thanks to my government

This is the longest in 8 years I've gone without shopping at BBTS (because of the new GST) and the last time I had looked (early June) they were saying Wave 3 Terrorcons due in July.

Went and had a look yesterday to see that has been changed to the vague 3rd Quarter description.

Nice to see that their habit of constantly changing their estimates hasn't changed

This is the longest in 8 years I've gone without shopping at BBTS (because of the new GST) and the last time I had looked (early June) they were saying Wave 3 Terrorcons due in July.

Went and had a look yesterday to see that has been changed to the vague 3rd Quarter description.

Nice to see that their habit of constantly changing their estimates hasn't changed
    I’d ordered 2 sets the other day, but ended up cancelling them. Was going to get them sent to my POL at Shipito. Went with Armoured Heaven instead. 34 a piece, but figure it will work out about the same price in the end. He’s told early September, so we’ll see.