Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 events revealing Transformers Siege WFC

Yyyyyyeeeahhhhhhh.......

Look, I just don't know how I feel on the Siege line thus far.

The Micromaster updates i'm maybe interested in, and I'll get Flywheels for sure.

But the rest?

I like the look of a lot of these. Not sure how many I'll get besides Flywheels, but there are a lot of nice ideas and little nods to G1 stuff there that are pretty cool, eg. Megatron's sword, the little tower on Shockwave's whatever-it-is alt-mode looking like his tower from the cartoon, etc etc.

I'm really liking the backwards-compatibility stuff too, especially the city-bot companions.

I really like the Shockwave - I think thats a fantastic new alt-mode for him. A flying Cybertronian battleship that also looks like a huge gun. i'm not sure I would have his backpack on in robot mode, he looks weird with 4 arms.

Most of these are a yes for me - particularly Brunt, Flywheels, Hound & Reflector.

Not sure about Starscreams Tetra-Jet mode, I think the WW Titanium ones look cooler. Will see when the time comes.

The definites for me are new CHUGs (i.e. characters never done before as CHUG), so the no-brainers are:
    * Brunt
    * Skytread

And I'll most likely get "proper" CHUG versions of characters that were previously done in CHUG but are now done way gooderer:
    * Aimless
    * Blowpipe
    * Refraktor
    * Laserbeak (I'm happy with my Henkei Ravage, but I'll likely end up getting Siege Ravage too since he comes in a 2 pack with Laserbeak - that's fine)
    * Shockwave

I can see in the blurry background of some shots that Shockwave's lame shoulder pads appear to be removable, making him way more G1 accurate. And I suspect that this toy may have an unofficial gun mode. i.e. they designed him to be able to transform into a laser gun but aren't marketing it as such even though it's legally unnecessary, I guess Hasbro are avoiding complaints from parents; it also means that they don't need to give Shockwave an orange barrel tip. Also legally unnecessary but something toy companies do because parents complain otherwise. While we fans see it as needless political correctness, from Hasbro's POV it's about protecting their corporate image - they would hate to receive complaints from angry parents.

Others like Hound, Sideswipe etc. -- they're lower priority figures for me. I'm not going to completely rule them out because I do sometimes get 2 different CHUG versions of the same character (e.g. I have both Generations and POTP Tailgate etc.). I'm perfectly happy with Henkei Lambor and Hound (etc.), but then again, I'm also perfectly happy with Generations Tailgate but I still bought POTP Tailgate (which I also like, I love both toys!)... so uh, while these are lower priority figures for me, I'll put them in my "Maybe" basket.

P.S.: Just last weekend I predicted Brunt (Tha_Phantom was with me and can vouch for me).

Reflector as triplets hasn't been in CHUG before have they, just the small accessory figure..?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can see in the blurry background of some shots that Shockwave's lame shoulder pads appear to be removable, making him way more G1 accurate.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Would the botcon Reflector count... with its fanmode combined mode?

I love them all! I think Shockwave looks amazing and Omega Supreme... YAY! I will also finally be able to get my hands on Aimless (even though it is his G1 version I really desire)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Reflector as triplets hasn't been in CHUG before have they, just the small accessory figure..?
    Refraktor looks gooderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Others like Hound, Sideswipe etc. -- they're lower priority figures for me. I'm not going to completely rule them out because I do sometimes get 2 different CHUG versions of the same character (e.g. I have both Generations and POTP Tailgate etc.). I'm perfectly happy with Henkei Lambor and Hound (etc.), but then again, I'm also perfectly happy with Generations Tailgate but I still bought POTP Tailgate (which I also like, I love both toys!)... so uh, while these are lower priority figures for me, I'll put them in my "Maybe" basket.
    It's the alt modes that are making them maybes for me. Eg Sideswipe is a more Sideswipey than the previous CHUG, but the Cybertonian alt mode throws me. Soundwave looks great but he is a lie down Cybertronian thingimebob.

However it pans out I suspect I will be buying stuff then selling the extras at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sure, if you think shooting things with a camera means blowing them up.
    Which brings us to where we are today...