Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Japan Aid Fundraiser

There are a couple on Ebay atm, this one is currently at US$122 with an hour to go, and this one at US$51 with 3 days. I shoulda donated when if I had the money. I'm not paying aftermarket prices.

These are the worse kind of scalpers

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    These are the worse kind of scalpers
    According to the second one, he will be donating half the profits, but anyone can say that and not do it. Now if he was going to donate all of it, and show proof when he does, that's fine.

That's really friggin' low and it is this sort of act that will make companies/groups think twice about doing a fund-raiser like this in the future.
    Man there are some greedy p***** on this planet!

That really is Rude, FansProject specifically asked that people not do that with this figure.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The after market buyers for this toys probably should share the blame too. They are clearly creating the demand from those high bids.

Hey kup, just an idea on who to match blesser with...

can you have United/Gen Jazz hold the little guy, maybe they'd match and then make Jazz a targetmaster since the Stepper variant is way to expensive, in a way this will make up for it, in a weird but kinda related way. Post pics if you do okies?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

WOW.
    after seeing how everyone has already got their blessers in the mail, i gave up all hope thinking that i must have missed out, but after checking my mail today, my blesser figure finally arrived!!

the artwork on the personalised card is really filled with emotion hey?
    just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    WOW.
    after seeing how everyone has already got their blessers in the mail, i gave up all hope thinking that i must have missed out, but after checking my mail today, my blesser figure finally arrived!!

the artwork on the personalised card is really filled with emotion hey?
    just wow.
    Better late than never huh? - A welcome surprise though, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The after market buyers for this toys probably should share the blame too. They are clearly creating the demand from those high bids.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That really is Rude, FansProject specifically asked that people not do that with this figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That's really friggin' low and it is this sort of act that will make companies/groups think twice about doing a fund-raiser like this in the future.
    Man there are some greedy p***** on this planet!
    I think that's somewhat unfair too. It's part of the world, like it or not. Events try to mitigate it all the time but people do it all the time. People have been doing this since the dawn of time when something is in short supply. And to be frank, if any of us had one and were going to liquidate, would we do it $15 or get the better price?

In the alternative, it could be because they donated but had no need of it when they saw it and then sold it.

To me, the end effect is that people were encouraged to donate. That's good enough.

The bigger question I have to ask is this? How many of us would / did donate prior to Fansproject offering this?

I think the answer to that question is that most poignant point rather than attacking those scalping/selling off. Because it means our apathy and self-interest is such that we are only motivated when we are incentivised to donate.

Not pointing the finger to anyone, mind you. But food for thought if we want to be dishing out recriminations.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection