Thread: JP Beast Wars Neo DVD gallery

Default JP Beast Wars Neo DVD gallery

For something a bit "retro" considering the recent news of 2013 stuff... the recently released DVD set of the Japanese Beast Wars Neo series (from the late 90s).

Looks nice, and comes with 6 DVDs, covering 35 episodes... but is priced at about AU$300!!!

That's disappointing as I would have liked to buy this set

...yeah... the average cost of DVDs in Japan is ridiculous.

I continue to hope that Madman will do a local release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo in a pair of boxsets (with the movie(s?) as bonus features).

And maybe now that there's "source files" for the DVDs of Neo that's a step closer.

Was getting more and more excited as I read the original news post by Bossbot, then WHAM! the price.

Hoping we can get a local release based from these originals, but I guess we won't really know with the way Madman are with their acquisitions and ordinary communication with the local fans.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...yeah... the average cost of DVDs in Japan is ridiculous.
    Do you know why DVDs & CDs are so insanely expensive in Japan dude? - It's not a new thing as it's my understanding that this has basically always been the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I continue to hope that Madman will do a local release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo in a pair of boxsets (with the movie(s?) as bonus features).

And maybe now that there's "source files" for the DVDs of Neo that's a step closer.
    I'd really, really like to hope this comes to fruition too ; Sadly though I don't believe there has ever been any Official subtitles produced for either the BW:II or Neo series & the fact that the 3 Japanese G1 Boxsets didn't move terribly well for Madman in Australia, I think we'd both be suffering a case of "Wishful Thinking".

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Do you know why DVDs & CDs are so insanely expensive in Japan dude? - It's not a new thing as it's my understanding that this has basically always been the case?
    Because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Because they can.
    Really? - Because CDs & DVDs cost nowhere near the amounts charged in Japan so I thought there must've been some sort of reasoning behind it.
    Well, one can only hope some fan-subs are done up for these recent releases and some "Digital Prints" make their way onto the net... Not that I condone such a thing of course.