Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Boxes - An important part of collecting?

The bubble inserts is what kills storage space. Without it, things flatten up pretty well.

I've been chucking out most bubble inserts & trays and just flattening the boxes for the past 10 years now... and I'm running out of space to keep flattened boxes! So I usually just chuck all of it out. I haven't flattened any of my Japanese MP boxen... yet.

Next big catch up in Melbourne (well one that's not at Melb Central) I'm going to bring along the boxes of my post 2000 TF packaging for anyone in Melbourne that wants it. It's taking up too much space and I need to get rid of it.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Next big catch up in Melbourne (well one that's not at Melb Central) I'm going to bring along the boxes of my post 2000 TF packaging for anyone in Melbourne that wants it. It's taking up too much space and I need to get rid of it.
    Hmmmmm, what can we expect?

Agreed. Melbourne Central is good for a group meet, but a real beach if you need to haul your wares around. Perhaps we do what those mob up north did recently or a local park with a bbq & have a car boot sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Hmmmmm, what can we expect?

Agreed. Melbourne Central is good for a group meet, but a real beach if you need to haul your wares around. Perhaps we do what those mob up north did recently or a local park with a bbq & have a car boot sale.
    Yep I saw that. We've done it before and should do it again. Most of my boxes aren't complete though, so don't get any hopes up - but I do have the RID Prime box for you.

I just cant bring myself to throw away packaging...if fact a lot of mine haven't been opened. The one's i do open i always buy a second one, its been that way since '85. I may be a little ocd...hahaha

I put it off for far too long -- but after much stalling and finding excuses to keep it, approx 20 years of accumulated Transformers boxes and cards were thrown away this morning.

My spare room feels lighter already. And that's just the start. The MIB stuff on the top shelf of the wardrobe should be nervous!

(Would be nice to see them do a second and third volume of the Legacy books of box art though)

No..... Any good condition G1 boxes thrown away?

You should have kept them for the next Legacy book and you might have been able to get your name in the back like I did.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    No..... Any good condition G1 boxes thrown away?
    Still haven't been able to part with G1 boxes yet!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    You should have kept them for the next Legacy book and you might have been able to get your name in the back like I did.
    That's a good example of the kind of rationalisation that kept me from getting rid of old packaging.