Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Scene packs - to open, or not to open?

Default Battle Scene packs - to open, or not to open?

That is the question.
    I got one of them on Sunday (Final Stand with Longarm and legless Bumblebee), and am in two minds in opening it.
    These are the first Diarama packed figures by Hasbro since the Universe Battle in a Box sets, and even they didn't have scenery in the back of the packaging like these. Takara's beast era toys were diarama like, with different scenery in the packaging of each toy, but Hasbro have never done this before - so would this special unique occasion warrant these being left as intact display pieces?
    But then, I want to pull these suckers out to check them over and play out movie scenes, and if I did, they won't go back in the packaging neatly, or at all. The twist ties are needed to hold everything in place, and I don't know if I would have the patience or coordination to put it all back in place.

You sir have no choice!
    I know how you react when you see people don't have their toys open!

So just set them up the way they are in the packet but on the shelf.

Gosh.. that is the real valid question

Though I'm not too sure, the battle scene isn't something you can play with, right?

So I would keep it seal, but Griffin opens all toys!

Sorry, can't help there. Up to you, Griffin

If I got them (that is if they were closer to $30 than $50) I would open them up.

With the Barricade pack you get human figures you can play with - Sam could be running from Barricade, or Bumblebee, or even Waspinator! - and you get that exclusive Nemesis Frenzy.

If you already own the original single release then I would say no.

I have actually been tempted to get these releases just for the diorama display. Because I already own most of the figures in the scene packs, I was thinking to just buy them for display value.

However although the above was the intention, I have been hesitant to do so because frankly, I dont have the space and dont want them that much.
    ________
    BIG TITS ITALIAN
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:19 PM.

I own the originals already and so haven't decided to open them just for the human figures. Which makes me glad b/c i'd otherwise have to buy 2. I like them, mind you, but I think they're quite stunning in MISB form as display pieces. The only one I remotely want to open is the Final Stand Longarm b/c he's such a great toy and has new paint apps.

The Capture of Bumblebee one is a bit dark and murky on the new paint. Different but unlikely to force my hand to buy.

Unlike the Japanese BWs, these guys were released as singles already so I don't feel the same sense of guilt in opening and removing them from my package unlike say Flash Convoy. Plus the Japanese stuff didn't have mounds and little humans running around either.

Massive vote on my half to keep them MISB. It's part of their novelty.

I'm all for opening Transformers, but I left my Robot Heroes 5 pack sealed, because I liked the setup, so I understand your wanting to leave the battle packs sealed.

Unless you already have the figures, I saw open the Battle pack up, Longarm is meant to be a delightful figure. Otherwise keep them sealed as they dont look half bad as they are.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i prefer them closed , that way when you have more iy would look better next to the unopen boxes
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I'd say leave them sealed, because they're really being sold as dioramas and you have the originals.

Having said that, if you do want the figures loose, go nuts and buy two!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister