Page 141 of 183 FirstFirst ... 121131136137138139140141142143144145146151161 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Struggling to get my 4-year-old son to pronounce "Optimus Prime" the correct way and not say "Oktimus Prime". He is now self-correcting by saying "Oktimus Optimus Prime" in a way where the first word is said deliberately to try and show me he's listening and learning. Can't get mad at that but it's doing my head in.
    My daughter used to call Optimus Prime "Apple Pie" and Bumblebee was "Bah-boo-doo." Now she calls Optimus Prime "Ottie" for sort. She also used to speak with a lisp but lost it after Kindy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    but lost it after Kindy.
    OMG, I miss read that I thought you said she lost her kidney. Anyone have a cure for dyslexia?

bowspearer Guest

Just got the Transformers Complete Japanese series box set from JB Hifi in the mail and I honestly think that literal trained monkeys (ie performing circus monkeys paid in peanuts) could have done a better job.

There was not a single series that did not suffer in some way due to the shoddy assembly job it was clearly given. Firstly, both Victory and Masterforce are ruined because at least one of the discs was not only rattling around loosely, but they are so scratched that it looks like someone took to parts of them with a set of keys.

I might be inclined to dismiss it as being incredibly lucky, were it not for the state Headmasters was in. While no discs were rattling around, quite possibly due in no small part to the insert for the 5th disc being in there, the insert itself was only half attached. Furthermore there is no way that it had fallen out on its own. When I went to clip it back in, not only wasn't it loose, but the clip was that stiff and unyielding that I'd be willing to put money on that half of the insert simply not being clipped in before it left the factory.

Acts of god are one thing and do happen sadly, but when it's quite clear that their warehouse staff simply couldn't care less, it sends a clear message that they simply don't care about their customers.

Not a good look.

Was looking at my G1 Doubledealer when the whole left arm hinge just crumbled Great! Now I have to look for a replacement!!!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

While ironing, TLK Leader Megs jumped to stop me from doing housework and snapped his right foot off

I didn't realise the small area of plastic connecting the parts together; going to try and glue it to save spending another $90...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My daughter used to call Optimus Prime "Apple Pie" and Bumblebee was "Bah-boo-doo." Now she calls Optimus Prime "Ottie" for sort. She also used to speak with a lisp but lost it after Kindy.
    My wife has my 5 year old calling Bumblebee "Bunglebee". She thinks it is hilarious. I have caught myself saying it a few times also.

Not a problem with the TF exactly so much as my own self, but...
    I'm not the best when it comes to Bayformers. The aesthetics don't do much for me and there's just something about the toy design for a lot of them, especially the screen character ones, that seems to trip me up. Plus I tend to buy a lot of my TFs used/loose. So when I got my Leader Starscream, he came without instructions.
    Yesterday I tried transforming him from plane to robot, and missed a step. I spotted it not working, and looked up a video review, but now - possibly from the time before when I made the exact same mistake - the back panel behind the cockpit has two tiny little nubs because of my mistake. The toy's still fine - nothing's 'broken' per se, and it doesn't really affect the transformation or display. They're tiny, and I doubt anyone would notice unless they were really familiar with the mold or had one to compare it with - they look like they could be there deliberately to aid the exact step that I seem to keep on lousing up. It's not even like the toy is a major/important part of my collection.
    But, it's still a visible sign of my own carelessness, so it's kind of annoying.

On the bright side, I finally figured out how to work the automorph correctly on Leader Brawl, so that was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Not a problem with the TF exactly so much as my own self, but...
    I'm not the best when it comes to Bayformers. The aesthetics don't do much for me and there's just something about the toy design for a lot of them, especially the screen character ones, that seems to trip me up. Plus I tend to buy a lot of my TFs used/loose. So when I got my Leader Starscream, he came without instructions.
    Yesterday I tried transforming him from plane to robot, and missed a step. I spotted it not working, and looked up a video review, but now - possibly from the time before when I made the exact same mistake - the back panel behind the cockpit has two tiny little nubs because of my mistake. The toy's still fine - nothing's 'broken' per se, and it doesn't really affect the transformation or display. They're tiny, and I doubt anyone would notice unless they were really familiar with the mold or had one to compare it with - they look like they could be there deliberately to aid the exact step that I seem to keep on lousing up. It's not even like the toy is a major/important part of my collection.
    But, it's still a visible sign of my own carelessness, so it's kind of annoying.

On the bright side, I finally figured out how to work the automorph correctly on Leader Brawl, so that was nice.
    I gotta say I felt kinda let down when I got that Leader Starscream mould in hand. Especially since I paid extra and got the MPM-01 version.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I gotta say I felt kinda let down when I got that Leader Starscream mould in hand. Especially since I paid extra and got the MPM-01 version.
    That's the one I have. Aside from the limited arm articulation - and the usual slightly-fiddly Bayformer transformation, which I never seem to get totally right - I rather like it. Enough to keep it instead of selling it on as I'd planned on doing, any any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    That's the one I have. Aside from the limited arm articulation - and the usual slightly-fiddly Bayformer transformation, which I never seem to get totally right - I rather like it. Enough to keep it instead of selling it on as I'd planned on doing, any any rate.
    Yeah I think he's a great display piece. Just the transformation didn't feel right and I would have like a slightly more accurate undercarriage in alt mode.