Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Excerpt from Blog: Today, instead of interviewing our usual Aussie Transformers Fan, we will be interviewing an international one, and someone who could be considered the quintessential expert on all things toys. Today we are in fact interviewing the Jolly Fat Man himself, Santa Claus.

READ Transformers Fan Interview - Santa Claus HERE

And Merry Xmas from Big Angry Trev!

Excerpt from Blog: The relatively short first season of the Cyberverse cartoon has come to an end, but new toys are still turning up on the shelves. I must admit I am eschewing most of them but when I saw Acid Storm in a local store I couldn’t help but pick him (or is it her?) up. So let’s have a look at the characters first foray outside of the Generation One universe with Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm.

Excerpt from blog: Back in the late 80’s the Transformers brand was starting to suffer. Something new had to be tried. So in direct reaction to the popularity of Micro Machines, the Transformers made Micromasters. These were actually pretty cool little toys! You could get them in packs of 4 or 6, some had bases, some could combine, and they were pretty cheap to get. I know for myself I collected most of the Decepticon ones to try and even out the amount of each faction I had as a kid, having to track down the Autobot ones as an adult. Micromasters got a brief revival in the Universe line in 2003, but didn’t grab the toy consumers imagination.

Here we are in 2019 and Micromasters are back! And the first wave of the War For Cybertron: Seige line is made up of 3 pairs, each pair making up half the members of their original patrol team. So lets have a look at some classic G1 characters, most we haven’t seen in 30 years!

Nice review of the Micromasters Trev! I'm definitely going to pick up the Battle and Air Strike Patrols as I used to have these when I was younger and bring up a lot of nostalgic memories. The Race Track Patrol I'll probably skip over.

Can't wait til they land in Oz Retail!

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Nice review of the Micromasters Trev! I'm definitely going to pick up the Battle and Air Strike Patrols as I used to have these when I was younger and bring up a lot of nostalgic memories. The Race Track Patrol I'll probably skip over.

Can't wait til they land in Oz Retail!
    Thanks mate, its always nice to get some positive feedback

Excerpt from Blog: Several months ago I did a short video showcasing from my personal collection 100+ Generations Decepticons.* Well now it is the Autobots turn.* These figures are mainly of G1 characters who have received an update through toylines such as Thrilling 30, Combiner Wars, Legends, POTP and so on.

So enjoy this short video I made of the display

Once again, Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have been kind enough to give bigangrytrev.com an exclusive reveal from Transformers: TCG. This time it is of two cards from Wave 2: Dirge, Doombringer and Defensive Driving.

As of today the Booster Packs for Rise of the Combiners, Wave 2 of the Transformers Trading Card Game have been released! In this review we look at the HUNDREDS of new cards on offer!

PART TWO of my Review of the RISE OF THE COMBINER BOOSTER PACKS is up now.
    You can view it HERE

My review looks at the new cards in play, specifically I pit MENASOR against METROPLEX.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

PART TWO of my Review of the RISE OF THE COMBINER BOOSTER PACKS is up now.
    You can view it HERE

My review looks at the new cards in play, specifically I pit MENASOR against METROPLEX.

I like that Menasor card combo.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Is this new artwork or are they reusing existing character models?