Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

And you think that 13 shows in Australia for Metallica was not enough, they have just announced another 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Not that I am a fan, but another passing in the metal world Slipknot bassist found dead in hotel
    UPDATE: Slipknot bassist Paul Gray overdosed on morphine
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

After all the crap that went on between Mustaine and Metallica, and Mustaine and Slayer, it's a welcomed suprise to see them play together.
    Nah, it was just a big soap opera, not that big a deal. Mustaine did write an album and a half to get Metallica started, so he was a bit jealous of their success... but it means nothing, was just the magazine culture of the time. Metallica also got into a war of the words with Slayer, and Slayer with Sepultura. It's like WWF(or E if you are gen Y!) trash talk... almost scripted.

And you think that 13 shows in Australia for Metallica was not enough, they have just announced another 2
    It's something a lot of big metal bands are realising (Ozzy, Megadeth and Slayer spring to mind), Australia is a neglected market that can become a license to print money.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Nah, it was just a big soap opera, not that big a deal. Mustaine did write an album and a half to get Metallica started, so he was a bit jealous of their success... but it means nothing, was just the magazine culture of the time. Metallica also got into a war of the words with Slayer, and Slayer with Sepultura. It's like WWF(or E if you are gen Y!) trash talk... almost scripted.
    True. That was the way it was. But it's still a big step to see them all playing together on the same lineup, and even the same song

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=141969

Default Hair Guitar Gig

Well I'm giving more warning than the last time

Date: 17th July
    Time: 10:00PM
    Venue: BLACKTOWN R.S.L
    Address: SECOND AVENUE BLACKTOWN

Hair Guitar are a covers band that play 80's and 90's rock/metal songs, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, KISS, AC/DC, Bon Jovi just to name a few. And I am under the impression that this will be there last show, as they have not scheduled any more dates. Normally they have at least 6 months worth. Maybe they are hanging up the wigs

I should be there earlier than 10pm anyway if anyone wants to rock up.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 6th July 2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Forgot the date =P

Well I'm giving more warning than the last time

Time: 10:00PM
    Venue: BLACKTOWN R.S.L
    Address: SECOND AVENUE BLACKTOWN

Hair Guitar are a covers band that play 80's and 90's rock/metal songs, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, KISS, AC/DC, Bon Jovi just to name a few. And I am under the impression that this will be there last show, as they have not scheduled any more dates. Normally they have at least 6 months worth. Maybe they are hanging up the wigs

I should be there earlier than 10pm anyway if anyone wants to rock up.
    What's the date?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The Big 4 are the 4 big thrash bands of the 80's which are Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica. They just played a show in Poland, and there was talks of taking it worldwide.
    What a crock, they're not touring. They're selling tickets showing an eastern European show in selected theatres "streamed live".

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    What a crock, they're not touring. They're selling tickets showing an eastern European show in selected theatres "streamed live".
    Yea I know. There are murmurs though, but I wouldn't count on it actually coming to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What's the date?
    Oh yea, I forgot that part

17th July.