Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Subscription figure samples

Default Collector Club Subscription figure samples

The Collector Club have released a couple images of three of their upcoming Subscription figures, which have been mirrored here.

The three shown are Scourge (Classicverse Gen2 Optimus), Circuit (Movie Lockdown), and Breakdown (Classicverse Sideswipe).

Details of the Subscription system is said to be revealed soon.

Breakdown looks great! This guy is a must have.

Decepticon Guest

Circuit is a must, Breakdown a maybe. Sick of that Lamborghini mold.

Don't understand why RID Scourge couldn't have been a normal release .

Pardon my noobness, is Circuit another Actionmaster with an adjusted name (like Kick-Over)? Quite like that Lockdown mold, hopefully Circuit's head is more to scale with his body unlike ROTF Axor.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Pardon my noobness, is Circuit another Actionmaster with an adjusted name (like Kick-Over)? Quite like that Lockdown mold, hopefully Circuit's head is more to scale with his body unlike ROTF Axor.
    Circuit is Circuit. And he'll have the same head as Axor since G1 Circuit and Axer were the same Action Master mould. Circuit's the only one of these three subscription toys that I have any interest in and that's just because I feel sentimental towards the 1991 toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Circuit is Circuit. And he'll have the same head as Axor since G1 Circuit and Axer were the same Action Master mould. Circuit's the only one of these three subscription toys that I have any interest in and that's just because I feel sentimental towards the 1991 toy.
    Thanks for the info Interesting how an Autobot colour scheme (and big ol' friendly green eyes ) can make AM Axer into a very generic looking Autobot.

I'm interested in this TFCC Circuit's robot mode, and was originally hoping they'd do something about his axe-arm weapon that's made from rubbery plastic. My Axor's axe weapon never held together well and worked against the wheels rolling smoothly. However since Circuit's going to be a direct repaint, I won't be holding out for much hope there.

Update: See here
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 18th August 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Apparently the Collector Club have released an image of their Circuit with the original Actionmaster Circuit, to show how close they got the colourings.

It probably won't be a popular figure among Americans, because it was not a toy released there, and wasn't included in fiction, so there is very little personal exposure to it (plus it has the bright colours that UK Hasbro were dabbling in at that time).
    For us though, we were more likely to see it, but the colours and non-convertibility of the toy would have still seen many of us here pass over it for something with better "value".
    For me though, this was my first Autobot Actionmaster (second AM, after Treadshot), and at a time when I only had about 25 TFs toys... so like Sky Shadow above, I have a sentimental attachment to this character/toy.

I think they did a really good job colouring the Axor mould, and I'm glad they didn't end up colouring the translucent blue plastic in his head fluro green like in the original media release pics from Botcon. Just incidentally, I had Botcon Turbomaster/Scorch sitting next to me when I opened that link and I'm quite sure they're used the exact same yellow/grey coloured plastic and the same orange paint (pic via Seibertron, but orange paint looks much browner in this pic than real life). However, I don't think any amounts of happy-friendly Autobot colours will make this guy any less menacing

I've also noticed that BBTS dropped their prices (from $55, to $40) for Circuit and Jackpot, so I'm guessing he's not the only AM that's not too popular in the US? BBTS seemed to have purchased a few more subscriptions because Scourge/Slipstream opened up again yesterday but sold out again today.
    Last edited by SuspectimusPrime; 21st August 2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Adding link for pics ;)