Page 417 of 467 FirstFirst ... 397407412413414415416417418419420421422427437 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

New Wolfenstein and new Doom. Looking forward to both

Well everything from press events except Nintendo's stuff has been revealed. No big surprises as the surprises were leaked or rumoured.

My impressions.

EA: Anthem looks good and if they price it right the new Origin Access Premium that might be worth subscribing.

Microsoft: I'm impressed with Forza Horizon 4. Gears Tactics might be good. Gears 5 looks more interesting than Gears of War 4 ever did. I hope Crackdown doesn't get delayed further. Great to see Microsoft investing in more first party developers. No announcement of older Xbox exclusives coming to PC, since we have seen them rated for PC by ratings boards that must be coming at Gamescom or something. No new Elite Controller which was leaked in February.

Bethesda: Doom, Wolfenstein, hell yeah.

Square Enix: Lara Croft's really a mass murder these days isn't she...

Ubi: I didn't think anything could make me want to preorder an Assissin's Creed game again, but Kassandra's banter and the Greek setting really makes me want to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Also should be noted people that have played AC Odyssey say the voice acting for the male player character sucks and doesn't compare to the female character. BGE2 look very intriguing but still a long way off. I've signed up the Crew 2, Skull and Bones and Division 2 betas to get a look at these games, they all look interesting.

Sony: That was a weird way to start a press event with the "church" of PlayStation bit and the banjo dude followed by the intermission and the flute dude. Last of Us 2 looks amazing but way too dark for me. Also I bet the internet fanbois are losing their mind over the lesbian kissing in the trailer. Ghost of Tsushima does nothing for me, I wanted a new inFamous game from Sucker Punch or at least something as fantastical. I still don't know what the hell Death Stranding is, but it looks like a post apocalyptic package delivery service going by the trailer??? I'll be keen to find out if the Resident Evil 2 remake is worth getting, especially since it's a full priced game at $60USD. And really looking forward to Spider-Man.

I streamed the Sony event today while at work. The Last of Us 2 looks pretty awesome. I'm love how fluid and flawless the character movements were.

And Spider Man has me interested. It looks like a fun game.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I watched a bit of the Just Cause 4 gameplay stream this morning. It looks really fun. My only worry is that the controls might end up too finnicky - it's a fast paced game and the devs are adding a lot of different functions to your gadgets.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I watched a bit of the Just Cause 4 gameplay stream this morning. It looks really fun. My only worry is that the controls might end up too finnicky - it's a fast paced game and the devs are adding a lot of different functions to your gadgets.
    I have a 100% save file for Just Cause 3 with every upgrade including the DLC. With every upgrade it's a complex control scheme, but still very manageable. I expect Just Cause 4 to be the same since it's from the same team. I'm looking forward to it, but it's not one of the games I'm 100% going to get at launch or preorder. I'll wait to see a Digital Foundry benchmark on it since JC3 had performance issues on console.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have a 100% save file for Just Cause 3 with every upgrade including the DLC. With every upgrade it's a complex control scheme, but still very manageable. I expect Just Cause 4 to be the same since it's from the same team. I'm looking forward to it, but it's not one of the games I'm 100% going to get at launch or preorder. I'll wait to see a Digital Foundry benchmark on it since JC3 had performance issues on console.
    I love the series but found that towards the end of the character progression in JC3 that it could get a bit much juggling the various functions of the grapple (tether, retraction, not to mention using it for your own propulsion) and the various functions of the remote explosives, in addition to the chute, wingsuit, and plain old guns. I ended up basically heavy weapon spamming my way out of fights toward the end of that game. Maybe I'm just getting old, who knows?

I've booked the Friday after it comes out off work. That should give me enough time to take in some gameplay videos and reviews after launch.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

An updated, faster and more balanced version of Smash 4, with every single character and Saffron City back as a level???

So glad I purchased a Switch!

Lets hope there's no board game mode this time around. I liked the Subspace Emissary story mode from the Wii but I'd be happy with a basic 64 style fight progression system like the majority of fighting games throughout history have had. I wouldn't say no to a longer, more detailed story mode like DB Fighterz though!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

For someone who isn't really into Smash, I wasn't that taken in by Nintendo's offerings.

I am also skeptical on Fallout 76. Sounds too MMO too me. I can't be immersed in a game that is guaranteed to have a lot of idiots jumping around and dancing ready to ruin my experience. Even if I play solo, it seems that the world is built for MMO multiplayer so it will be cut down to simple quests.

Highlights, Doom '2' and the announcement for Elders Scrolls 6 but that was coming eventually.

Overall this is an 'alright' E3.

Where does everyone go to watch the game trailers from E3?