View Poll Results: POTP LEG Windcharger - worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 60.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

3 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP LEG Windcharger

Default Toy Review - POTP LEG Windcharger

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Windcharger
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2018 (Asia & America DEC 2017)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$20) US$10
    Approximate Size - 10cm?
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks -
    Main Colours - Red, grey
    Main Accessories - none

Last edited by griffin; 7th March 2018 at 08:27 PM.

So I trundled off to King's Comics this morning... earliest I could get there after I'd read they had POTP on Friday.

Of all the figures I wanted, there was only Windcharger left (and two of him).

Anyway... I like him in both modes. The robot mode is kinda short and squat, but it's cartoon Windcharger like we've never had him before. That buckethead is perfect!

The transformation is complex enough to keep me happy while still being simple - which I want from a minicar character.

The vehicle mode is a good little Pontiac (well, quasi-Pontiac). I like how they've built his knees in such a way that there's no gap the back.

$22 well spent.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Having seen and handled this toy a few times I do agree that it's a very nice toy, but not my personal cup of tea as I already have RTS and CW Windcharger. Don't need a third CHUG 'Charger.

Glad to have this. Looks so much better than the CW version.

I'm going to get Windcharger when POTPs turns up in my neck of the woods. I feel like this mould works better as Windcharger than my CW Windcharger.

But I'll pass on the upcoming Tailgate remould, probably because of his heavy involvement in IDW when I was reading it I feel LG Tailgate is a better representation of Tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm going to get Windcharger when POTPs turns up in my neck of the woods. I feel like this mould works better as Windcharger than my CW Windcharger.
    Absolutely! I've always felt that the Generations Tailgate mould never worked as well as Windcharger. I think that POTP Windcharger would work well as Tailgate from a G1 (not IDW) perspective. But if you prefer IDW Tailgate, then yeah, the Generations toy is perfect. I love how Generations Tailgate's Mini-Con transforms into a rubbish scoop!

Yeah, I'm going to grab the PotP Tailgate eventually. I really enjoy IDW Tailgate from what I've read so far but as a character he just doesn't really fit in the Odieverse.
    G1 Tailgate does, and this looks like a good mold.

G1 and IDW Tailgate are like chalk and cheese. Tailgate is one instance where IDW just totally ignored the original G1 persona and made up a whole new character for him. Which is cool, but it does mean that he's nothing like his original character. G1 Tailgate's a bit of a nutjob though. Doesn't understand that Earth machines are non-living and believes that they are enslaved by humans.

I just got Windcharger today. I was not expecting the mould to be this good.

I'm really happy with how solid he feels for a Legends Class figure, I hope this is something HasTak can do more of in their design work. (come on Throttlebots)

The translucent windows with paint apps is something we normally don't see from Hasbro so props to them on that.

The only negative, and it's a tiny one, the sides of the chest are visible in vehicle mode. But hey there's only so much you can do in a Legends Class figure.

I'm actually reevaluating POTP Tailgate now. Sure he's not what I think of when I think of Tailgate, but the mold is sooooooooo goooooood.

This is my first Windcharger and he kind of reminds me of G1 Dead End...in a distant way of course. RTS Windcharger is the best I've seen though.