Thread: US store exclusive Legends not mere re-issues anymore

Default US store exclusive Legends not mere re-issues anymore

The smaller US Department store chains often get small-sized Transformers toys, repackaged under a plain banner (currently it looks like the "Generations" red packaging), and occasionally a redeco may slip through (bottom left of this shelf of "generic" Transformers packaging toys).

A big surprise on the current set (Gen1 Legends Optimus, Starscream, Bumblebee, Megatron) that is now being found in US stores, is that they must have been manufactured after the Asian Generations alterations were done to the moulds.
    Sooooo, Optimus ends up being packaged with a red sword, and Starscream has null-rays. (Bumblebee & Megatron weren't part of the Asian Generations, so are un-changed).

The Starscream null-rays are a welcome addition, but I wonder how fans will try to explain the red sword for Optimus.

Gah!
    The completest in me needs these additional variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Gah!
    The completest in me needs these additional variations.
    Augh! This! Anyone trying to source these? :/ I got the bumblebee variant on ebay a while ago, so far these haven't shown up. I'm thinking of just asking reaally nicely on tfw haha.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Starscream null-rays are a welcome addition, but I wonder how fans will try to explain the red sword for Optimus.
    He nicked it off Grimlock to dress up for the staff christmas party. :|
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Does anyone know of a online store selling these?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Being an exclusive to small chain-stores in America, it might be difficult to find them at online stores. BBTS have had them in the past, but at inflated prices (probably had someone buy some at a store just to sell to foreigners).
    Ebay may be the likely source, unless you head over to America in the next year.