Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W Toy Sale June 21 to July 11 (not many TF products this year) :(

Quote Originally Posted by zzyss View Post
    On the weekend Top Ryde had 4 PotP Optimus Primes and 1 Rodimus Unicronus. Went there this morning to grab me an OP and there was Rod shelf warming, and a big hole where my Prime were supposed to be :-(

Toymate in the same centre had a bunch of Titans Returns Leader Soundwaves at $40 (down from $79) in case anyone's interested.
    well, that sucks, I was going to head there at lunch today, thanks for saving me the trip.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Went to Big W Mirrabooka (in Perth, WA) this morning and found no leaders.

The biggest TF figure I found was a solitary voyager Grimlock.

It was like this store did not get any new TF stock could be a case of WA= "wait a while"
    Did you ask? I went in at 8am at Riverton and none were on the shelf either. I asked and she went out the back with no luck. Took my name and number down. Then 15 minutes later, she comes out with a Rodimus Unicronus. Lucky I was faffing about deciding what Lego to buy.
    Also bought a Classic Voltron set for $119. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    well, that sucks, I was going to head there at lunch today, thanks for saving me the trip.
    Well, curiosity killed the cat and I went anyway. I had a chat to the lady at the help desk for the sale at the front of the store and she indicated that many of the leaders and a lot of the deluxes were still on pallets. they are taking names to contact when they are unpacked. At least they have space on the shelf for them at top Ryde, when I went to Macquarie on Wednesday they didn't even have shelf space for any transformers.

so I didn't get anything from the sale yet but I did pick up a premium deluxe crosshairs for $20 from toymate. supposedly a better version of the mould than the age of extinction version.

hopefully over the next day or two they get all or at least a representative amount of product out onto shelves. I find it surprising that stores don't seem to have enough dedicated shelf space or time allotted to ensure all sale items are available on the first day of the toy sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Did you ask? I went in at 8am at Riverton and none were on the shelf either. I asked and she went out the back with no luck. Took my name and number down. Then 15 minutes later, she comes out with a Rodimus Unicronus. Lucky I was faffing about deciding what Lego to buy.
    Also bought a Classic Voltron set for $119. Looks great.
    I didn't have the time to ask - had to get to work.
    Judging by other people's comments, I may try again on the weekend

Not a lot at BigW Miranda at first sight but hidden away there were a few gems. They had POTP OP and both Rodimus types as well as Blackout and grimlock studio series. I snagged last Optimal Optimus

Last edited by Raider; 21st June 2018 at 08:14 PM.

On Saturday I went to big w rouse hill cause I heard they had optimal Optimus and evil Rodimus. Picked up optimal because there was only 2 and I knew he was gonna be hard to find.
    Today I went back there and couldn’t find Optimal Optimus, but did find 2 evil rodimus’ so I picked up one
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

I don't anticipate that I would receive a better response from the Mudgee Big W staff
    Well how damn wrong was I!

Going to the Big W toy sale was kinda a bust but kinda not.

On the one hand, they had none of the four I really wanted (Unicronus, Optimal and SS Grimlock & Blackout) as they only got a few of each and they sold out fast!

On the other hand, the main sales assistant turned out to be a Transformers fan and knew who I was . Apparently he is not a member here but comes on here sometimes and through OzF has become a reader of my Blog and recognized me from all the photos on there

Anyway, he told me that they had only gotten two boxes of the four I was after (and of those he had grabbed one of each for himself) and the others had sold out super fast. He was kind enough to offer to check to see if they would get more in and if so put them aside for me, and in the meantime put me onto some $24 SS figures for myself and some $10 TR figures for my son. Nice bloke

Anyway, turns out they had one each of the four I wanted left at Big W in Bathurst so my mum-in-law grabbed them for me so got what I wanted in the end, just have to wait until she visits on Sunday

Oh, and in case he reads this thread: Hi Jamie

between what I'm reading here and what I've read on facpain, I get the impression they don't actually have a whole lot of transformers sale stock?

it's surprising and confusing

hopefully over the next day or two they get all or at least a representative amount of product out onto shelves.

Good on ya. Thanks for that - might give them another try tomorrow or over the weekend then.

Meanwhile, I scoured the entirety of Castle Towers shopping centre, and nary a Leader to be found (except a couple of old Sky Slash(?) in the Casey's toy store), nor Carlingford in the lonely old Target there - even though they actually had a pretty decent selection of Transformers Animated Combiner Force Scout(?)

between what I'm reading here and what I've read on facpain, I get the impression they don't actually have a whole lot of transformers sale stock?

it's surprising and confusing
    I'd say that's fairly accurate, and if you add to that the fact that they put the sale stock out early, and subsequently sold a lot of it before the sale even started, you have Transformers on sale but no stock to actually sell.
    I'm thinking about ordering a few leaders online and collecting them in store if possible, that way (hopefully) they get in at least one thing I want and I can get the money back for the rest right away, so if that's an option for you as well it might be worth considering.

Also
    but I did pick up a premium deluxe crosshairs for $20 from toymate
    they didnt happen to have more of these did they? It's a bit of a trek but if they have a good range of TLK premium deluxes for $20 I'd consider making the effort lol