Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 1986 Movie anniversary day (Australia) - DEC 26th

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I have the 86 Movie on Disc, and Spike definately swears...
    Yes on Dvd and Blu Ray he does. But not when it originally screened in Aus in 1986. We got the edited UK version.

Quote Originally Posted by djanscak View Post
    ...lost interest in the cartoon when season 3 started.
    Said the majority of 80's Transformer fans
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by djanscak View Post
    pretty much lost interest in the cartoon when season 3 started.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Said the majority of 80's Transformer fans
    I think it was the the beginning with the 5-Faces of Darkness that turned a lot of people off. Just such bad animation with Autobots drawn on the Decepticon side (remember seeing Skydive lined up with them outside a Quintesson ship), no sense given to scale (Frenzy is as big as Soundwave suddenly?!?) and too many new characters being jammed in such as Sky Lynx and Predaking. There was a lot of good stuff and great characters introduced in Season 3 so I don't think it should be discounted, but certainly it and Season 4 (Roger Dodger Optimus Prime!) did not hold the wonder and appeal of Season 1 & 2 by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think it was the the beginning with the 5-Faces of Darkness that turned a lot of people off. Just such bad animation with Autobots drawn on the Decepticon side (remember seeing Skydive lined up with them outside a Quintesson ship), no sense given to scale (Frenzy is as big as Soundwave suddenly?!?) and too many new characters being jammed in such as Sky Lynx and Predaking. There was a lot of good stuff and great characters introduced in Season 3 so I don't think it should be discounted, but certainly it and Season 4 (Roger Dodger Optimus Prime!) did not hold the wonder and appeal of Season 1 & 2 by any stretch.
    While I agree on your sentiment on Season 3, I quite liked season 4. My only complaint is they focused almost COMPLETELY on the masters.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Not sure if I've already shared this but... I have some very fond memories of the '86 movie. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the cinemas, but I just adored it on video. I had my dad hire it for me when I stayed with him most weekends. I once held a cassette recorder up to the TV speakers and recorded the audio, which was then listened to ad nauseum later on.

Much later, I purchased it on DVD. I got home from the shops with the family (wife and 2 step kids) and played it immediately. The family sat with mouths agape as I spouted the dialogue along with the movie almost verbatim, from memory.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Haha LOL! Nice story
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

While I agree on your sentiment on Season 3, I quite liked season 4. My only complaint is they focused almost COMPLETELY on the masters.
    My problems with Season 4:

Fastlane: Roger Dodger Optimus Prime!
    Cloudraker: Roger Dodger Optimus Prime!

Counterpunch: Well be careful, I hear my counterpart is nearby
    2 seconds later
    Punch: Stop right there Decepticons!

Plus them cramming so many new characters in whilst still retaining the same voice actors so half the new robot cast sounded like Autobots long dead. Otherwise it was ok for a 3-parter where they were expected to do a lot with very little time.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Much later, I purchased it on DVD. I got home from the shops with the family (wife and 2 step kids) and played it immediately. The family sat with mouths agape as I spouted the dialogue along with the movie almost verbatim, from memory.
    Heh - I've got the CD of the soundtrack as well as four different versions of the movie. The regular DVD, the Speical Edition DVD, The UK version of the DVD and a Blu Ray copy....

... I freakin LOVE the movie! Like you M-bot I can quote the whole movie from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    ...no sense given to scale (Frenzy is as big as Soundwave suddenly?!?).
    Yeah, I remember several episodes where Bruticus is standing next to Cyclonus and Galvatron at Decepticon HQ and they were all the same size. LOL!

I'd have to agree with UltimateGalvatron on season 4. I only wish there had been more episodes to flesh it out. I understand why it had to be that way though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's interesting that most (I won't make a blanket statement and say 'all') fans love Season 1 & 2 mainly set on Earth more than Seasons 3 & 4 that were mainly set on Cybertron. Yet when it comes to the current era of comics most (again - not all) fans much prefer stories set on Cybertron rather than Earth.

Well, they were the toys of the week at the time

The Japanese had a dedicated series aptly titled The Headmasters, you should check it out