Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

So who else is pumped for Thor #600 (#13) tomorrow?

Preview - I'm sure it's going to be one unforgettable top notch issue.

Also with NYCC, has there been any announcements or news that have caught your interest?

For me a few things that have caught my eye:

- X-Force: Sex and Violence with Wolverine and my favourite Domino, I'm looking forward to that.

- Dark Reign: Young Avengers. I really liked the Young Avengers team, their short lived run was most enjoyable, and the Presents mini gave us a nice insight into them. Glad they're back for Dark Reign and it looks like they'll be butting heads with the "Dark" Young Avengers.

- Lockjaw & the Pet Avengers. I don't know. This sounds pretty silly but I think I'll give this a try.

- Marvel Super Hero Squad cartoon announced.

I'm very interested in the idea of X-Men Forever, Claremont picking up from issue 4 of X-Men Vol 2 as if he never left, but I'm not sure how good it will actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm very interested in the idea of X-Men Forever, Claremont picking up from issue 4 of X-Men Vol 2 as if he never left, but I'm not sure how good it will actually be.
    Me too - that was my generation of X-Men, so just the nostalgia value should be good enough, even if Claremont's writing has gone downhill over the past couple of decades. I like Tom Grummett's work too - he was one of my favourite artists in the nineties so he should hopefully fit in well to a 'nineties' feel for the title. In Year Seven, I chopped up one of my... um... eight... copies of X-Men #1, glued the pictures over my school folder and put clear contact over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In Year Seven, I chopped up one of my... um... eight... copies of X-Men #1, glued the pictures over my school folder and put clear contact over the top.
    Ha! I did the same thing, but I photocopied pages from the comic (I only had three copies)

I didn't cut the covers cos I didn't have 'em but I'm sure I would've otherwise.

I'm pretty interested in this since like u guys, it was the beginning of my reading. Most likely will pick this up in trade tho as I'm trying to cut back.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

One of my colleagues was dressed up as Thor today during school assembly.

Unfortunately it wasn't to do with comic books... our sport houses are named after Norse Gods and he's the patron teacher for Thor house. As a Woodwork teacher he brought too wooden hammers for his props. I pointed at them and remarked, "Mjolnir is made from wood!" -- nobody got it. He had a blonde wig on which I fondled.

After a not so subtle urging from Digger, I read Kingdom Come. I knew, from the internet and from talking to other people, that it was good so my expectations were high, and I was not disappointed. A great story, kept me interested from start to finish, luckily I didn't have any appointments or anything, because once I sat down I didn't sit up till I was finished. Highly engrossing from start to finish. The art was of course perfect, but what else would you expect from Alex Ross. He really is a true artist, seeing his art in a museum wouldn't be out of place. So yeah, easily one of my favourites. I bought the trade, but I dare say when I get a bit of money from working or scholarships, I'll be buying the Absolute Edition.

Now, onto The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, hopefully get through them over tonight and tomorrow

EDIT: I also just realised I forgot to mention all the little easter eggs in the art, ie Rorschach in the club scene, "Under the Hood" by Hollis Mason in the window of a store, those little things that you just notice
    Last edited by jacksplatt11; 16th February 2009 at 07:50 PM.

North Melbourne-bot...?

Marvel May 2009 Solicitations

Very pissed off at the trade prices. They're very ridiculous these days from a value point of view. It keeps killing any shred of goodwill I have left for Marvel.

Onto things in the month, that X-Men Wall Poster looks very appealing. I remember unfolding my X-Men #1 to see it and gawking at it for hours and hours as a kid. Probably a must get.

War of Kings looks to be very interestign too. Havok (one of my favourites) mixes in with Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Inhumans, Kree, Shi'ar and so on. Looks awesome.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Onto things in the month, that X-Men Wall Poster looks very appealing. I remember unfolding my X-Men #1 to see it and gawking at it for hours and hours as a kid.
    Me too. They used to have the 'door poster' on the ceiling of a local games shop in Canberra. I was envious.

Yeah those prices suck, need more money dammit

War of Kings does look pretty sweet, Havok is pretty cool yeah, and although I've never read anything involving Nova he looks pretty cool too

On another note, I just read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1, I'll save comments till I've read vol 2 as well, I will say I enjoyed it though

North Melbourne-bot...?