Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    I got an Alchemist demo from France the other week, cost me 1.50 Euro and the postage was 6 Euro (I was the only bidder) great tape!
    I think I may have that one (though I paid around $40 for it ) Got a link to the auction, or take a photo of it?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    As a child of the 80's it was hair metal all the way. I didn't really discover new stuff until I started listening to 3 Hours of Power then Full Metal Racket on Triple J. Then along came internet radio and Snake Metal Radio opened up a whole new world of metal.

My faves in no particular order:

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God/Fate of Norns
    Mercyful Fate - Melissa
    Carcass - Heartwork
    In Flames - Subterranean
    Kalmah - The Black Waltz/For the Revolution

Plus throw in some Maiden, Arch Enemy, Wintersun, Vader, Children of Bodom, Kreator... the list goes on.
    How could I forget Amon Amarth, TOTTG is brilliant as well as FAN. All their albums are I would say And Mercyful Fate/King Diamond Like you said, the list goes on.

3 Hours Of Power was great, I listened to that alot as well (even got my voice on radio one night )

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think I may have that one (though I paid around $40 for it ) Got a link to the auction, or take a photo of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MEBDIX:IT

I never really bothered with the re-release of Jar of Kingdom as I had the original cd... but I believe these tracks are on the re-release.

I really like demos from around this time and only really bid as a means of watching the auction, was surprised when no-one else bid.

Almost pretty sure I have that one. Jar of Kingdom, I heve neither the original or the re-release, haven't been able to spot it for a while.

Almost pretty sure I have that one. Jar of Kingdom, I heve neither the original or the re-release, haven't been able to spot it for a while.
    Really? Well the original was released in Austria and so there aren't that many copies... but the re-release flooded the shops when it came out (well as much as any Alchemist cd can) and if I remember right, was discounted pretty heavily by jb hi-fi. The re-release should definately be in secondhand shops quite regularly.

3 Hours Of Power was great, I listened to that alot as well (even got my voice on radio one night )
    Is it still going? I haven't listened to the radio in ages.

I miss the days when Channel V had Amped and the Heavy Shift. Got a lot of ideas on who to listen to from those shows.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is it still going? I haven't listened to the radio in ages.

I miss the days when Channel V had Amped and the Heavy Shift. Got a lot of ideas on who to listen to from those shows.
    Yea it is still going, but it changed to Full Metal Racket, and now I think it is just "The Racket" I haven't listened to it in ages as well, but you can listen to it for the next week on the net, which I used to do regularly.

Metal has kind of been pushed back underground, not many shows have metal on them anymore. Though there are still alot of the more commercial bands being flogged on MTV these days. I prefer not to watch that anymore because it doesn't appeal to my tastes anymore. Like I said, more "commercial" stuff.

Metal has kind of been pushed back underground, not many shows have metal on them anymore.
    I know. It's disappointing when all the music channels show are untalented no-names that can't play an instrument or hold a note to save their life.

I have a few episodes of Amped recorded on ye 'ol VHS format and they used to play some good, non-commercial type stuff.

Though there are still alot of the more commercial bands being flogged on MTV these days.
    MTV play music All I ever see is reality show garbage about dating people's mothers, pregnant teens, pimping cars blah blah blah...
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    MTV play music All I ever see is reality show garbage about dating people's mothers, pregnant teens, pimping cars blah blah blah...
    Maybe I am out of touch with MTV, but I remember back in the day it used to be a music video channel.

Maybe I am out of touch with MTV, but I remember back in the day it used to be a music video channel.
    music.... television.... video.... yes, I think you're onto something here. I remember now
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

OOooh Only just noticed this Lovely Metal Thread, I'm off to see Job for a Cowboy & Behemoth tomorrow night with the Mrs