Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Japanese release of POTP toys from May 2018

HLJ is taking orders again for the first wave of PP figures, must be from cancellations.

Once again I've preordered this new wave of PP figures in case something goes awry and I can't get them locally.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    HLJ is taking orders again for the first wave of PP figures, must be from cancellations.

Once again I've preordered this new wave of PP figures in case something goes awry and I can't get them locally.
    I've done the same, but since apparently there is no difference whatsoever between this lot and the Hasbro versions (boo! ) I'll probably grab the Hasbro versions and cancel my order of these more expensive ones.

Incidentally- these are the first pics I’ve seen of Primal. He is in his all-metal-multi-mode body? Now THAT I will get!
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 8th March 2018 at 08:25 AM.

I noticed the other day, the fifth wave of POTP toys on HLJ (for release at the end of September), and the various official images have been grouped together here.

That's four toys in the fifth wave, including this year's Titan Class figure....
    PP-28 - Solus Prime/Octopunch
    PP-29 - Battleslash
    PP-30 - Roadtrap
    PP-31 - Predaking

And news has just surfaced of the sixth wave in October having five toys being released...
    PP-32 - Alpha Trion/Landmine
    PP-33 - Skrapnel
    PP-34 - Tailgate
    PP-35 - Novastar
    PP-36 - Inferno

Takara are not even investing in the packaging for the PP line. They are just putting a Japanese sticker on the Hasbro boxes.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/05/24/t...sticker-364263

sigh

Guess I can safely open up my Hasbro versions now; the only reason to get Takara versions is if it is too hard to get Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    sigh

Guess I can safely open up my Hasbro versions now; the only reason to get Takara versions is if it is too hard to get Hasbro.
    It’s so disappointing they are the same - I loved the differences between Combiner Wars and Unite Warriors, especially with the likes of Groove, Strafe, Nosecone etc. Made me happy to buy both

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Takara are not even investing in the packaging for the PP line. They are just putting a Japanese sticker on the Hasbro boxes.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/05/24/t...sticker-364263

That's so sad.

On the one hand, I'm upset that we won't get variations to pick and choose over (like when there is a great mould, you want to get extra versions of it), but on the other hand, I'm a little happy that there isn't the temptation of wanting to buy a heap of Japanese "duplicates" just because of some major or minor colour differences (like I did with the Combiner Wars).

A seventh, and possibly final, wave of POTP toys will be released in November in Japan, which covers the last of the 40 Hasbro POTP toys.

PP-37 Megatronus / Bomb Burst
    PP-38 Autobot Outback
    PP-39 Decepticon Cindersaur
    PP-40 Rodimus Unicronus

PP-41 Wreck-gar
    PP-42 Nemesis Prime

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/03/t...evealed-366557

Fingers crossed for 43 and 44 to be Repugus and Counter Punch.