Page 149 of 183 FirstFirst ... 129139144145146147148149150151152153154159169 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sorry, my post wasn't a rant but rather in response to Magnus' post which I'd forgotten to quote for context. Fixed now.
    Ah whoops . Thinking about it now, the Studio Series stuff looks really impressive. Looking at pictures of Stinger, I can't seem to spot any fake car-kibble on the robot mode.

My thought's on Magnus' topic. If adult collectors want Transformers that are more detailed and complex, there's always Masterpiece.

Is the chest vehicle kibble? If so then that's pretty much it.

I can't tell if the chest is meant to be vehicle kibble even when looking at the screen model because it's so weird looking. I can't tell if it's meant to be the car grill heavily deformed or just part of the robot. <sigh> And watching Stinger transform on screen is of zero help since the AoE Decepticons all "Tetris-form."

But yeah, Stinger does very well in integrating his vehicle parts. IMO the toy feels like a Voyager that's been reduced down to the size of a Deluxe, which to me feels like excellent value for money.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Is the chest vehicle kibble? If so then that's pretty much it.
    Yeah, I thought so too. Because if my memory serves, Takara once released a red repaint of the deluxe AoE Bumblebee as Stinger. I remember that Bumblebee mould having fake car kibble on the chest. By that - the car grill (or front bumper) that usually forms Bumblebee's chest was sculpted onto the robot mode, rather than the actual front of the car becoming part of the chest.

They've done similar things to some G1 Starscreams (CW and PotP) where they sculpt the jet cockpit onto the chest rather than have the cockpit become part of the chest.

I think the nice thing about the Studio Series Transformers is there doesn't seem to be any fake vehicle kibble on the robots. In Stinger's case, the front of the car seems to form part of the robot chest as it should. I don't have the figure myself, but that's the impression I have when I see pictures.

EDIT: I just watched a video of someone transforming SS Stinger. I'm not sure whether to retract the comment about the front of the car forming the chest. The front of the car does kind of form the chest (or torso at least), but not in the way I'd expect.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 8th April 2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Additional comment.

Regarding Stinger and vehicle kibble, I did actually go back and look at scenes from AOE the other day. You can make out the Pagani supercar headlights on his shoulders, just about.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Trying some Positive Behavior Support with our kids and giving them a daytime goal, dinnertime goal and bedtime goal they have to achieve. Every time they achieve one of the goals they get a star sticker next to it. When they get 7 stars for a specific goal they then get to choose a prize from the prize bags we made up for them (everything only about 2-3 bucks and they chose them).

I grabbed all 9 Tiny Titans Blind Bags for $3 each from the Reject Shop in Mudgee and chucked them in my sons prize bag. He got his first 7-star set yesterday morning and got RID Crazybolt and was well chuffed.

You know what the little bugger did? Sneakiest act of his life! Took a stool to our bedroom, got the prize bag down from up in our wardrobe, smuggled it into his room and opened all 8 other TT bags!

Needless to say when I discovered it he was in big trouble and has had those 8 permanently confiscated. So now Dad has 8 new TT figures

The kicker though? One of the 8 was Unicron which both he and I already have, and there were two Cheetor's and I can't pass one on to him.

At least I scored a G1 Perceptor and Grimlock I guess

I'm a big fan of PBS. And it's great that he received negative consequences for his inappropriate behaviour too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Trying some Positive Behavior Support with our kids and giving them a daytime goal, dinnertime goal and bedtime goal they have to achieve. Every time they achieve one of the goals they get a star sticker next to it. When they get 7 stars for a specific goal they then get to choose a prize from the prize bags we made up for them (everything only about 2-3 bucks and they chose them).

I grabbed all 9 Tiny Titans Blind Bags for $3 each from the Reject Shop in Mudgee and chucked them in my sons prize bag. He got his first 7-star set yesterday morning and got RID Crazybolt and was well chuffed.

You know what the little bugger did? Sneakiest act of his life! Took a stool to our bedroom, got the prize bag down from up in our wardrobe, smuggled it into his room and opened all 8 other TT bags!

Needless to say when I discovered it he was in big trouble and has had those 8 permanently confiscated. So now Dad has 8 new TT figures

The kicker though? One of the 8 was Unicron which both he and I already have, and there were two Cheetor's and I can't pass one on to him.

At least I scored a G1 Perceptor and Grimlock I guess

LOL, sneaky little fella. We roll with positive behaviour support in our house too (not that I knew that term previously)
    Finish all meals of the day in good time and get a number, once up to number seven it's $3 for pocket money, unfortunately she only manages about $6 per month due to missing deadlines, but she is learning.
    She has monthly interest where we count up the pocket money on the 1st of the month and she gets 10% on savings over $5, so she also learns the consequences of spending too much and missing out on good interest.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I really hate seeing Transformers toys ransacked in stores... especially when it looks like a serious collector has done it.
    I saw a POTP Dreadwind today at Garden City Target, that had been torn open, and had the collector card and gun stolen.

It should look like this...

Unfortunately, Hasbro are somewhat to blame for this, by not only teasing us with 12 different character cards for each toy, requiring theft as the easiest way of collecting all 12, and, for only giving Dreadwind one gun, when the original Dreadwind toy and the POTP Blackwing/Darkwing toy both had two guns.

So of course hardcore fans of these Gen1 characters are going to want a second gun for Dreadwind, and to a lesser extent, want to obtain all 12 collector cards if this was their favourite character or toyline.

the jokes on them, the gun needs to be a mirror image of the one that comes with it, so they can stick together. also so the hollow sides are facing in on both guns.

this is one of those toys that makes me seriously want to put the effort in to a cheap CAD program and make a proper opposite gun that I can get 3D printed.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Garrr. Either Greatshot or Grand Max turned up at my local Australia Post DC this morning but they won't deliver it because TLTC shipped the two in seperate boxes under the one consignment.

I know Grand Max is big but considering I had my LG Fort Max arrive from HLJ along with other Transformers that were released the same month in the same box as Fort Max I see no reason TLTC should be splitting up orders in seperate boxes for a domestic delivery.

Also how is it that one of the boxes got to the local DC this morning but the other one won't be here till Friday. Australia Post is just great isn't it!