Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Just opened the hasbro masterpiece rodimus I bought the other week. Just transformed it.... Talk about frustration! Half an hour to get it sitting on its wheels and to get the feet in position! I remember now why I haven't got my Takara MP-9 out of the box since I bought it! WTF was I thinking??!!

Seriously with releases like that it's no wonder 3rd party companies are making a killing.

You may see a for sale thread soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Just opened the hasbro masterpiece rodimus I bought the other week. Just transformed it.... Talk about frustration! Half an hour to get it sitting on its wheels and to get the feet in position! I remember now why I haven't got my Takara MP-9 out of the box since I bought it! WTF was I thinking??!!

Seriously with releases like that it's no wonder 3rd party companies are making a killing.

^ lol

i feel your pain mate....

i bought 2 on release... 1 to open and play with ( which i rarely do ) and 1 to keep sealed.

samething..... forever and a day to get it transformed right, and then the face plate thingy locks in place half way down. awesome!

i've now got 2 sealed.... too scared to try again! haha

janda

I lost faith in the official MP line after Rodimus. It seemed that we had been given some beta prototype rather than a polished figure. It had so many issues that it was ridiculous. Hasbro appeared to have fixed the hands so that Rodimus can now actually hold his weapons () but the rest of the design is also messed up.

With just a little bit of polish he would have been great but instead it turned out to be my most disappointing MP toy to date.

It may be sacrilege to some here but I am rapidly loosing faith in official TF toys as I can no longer trust them to produce a good figure even for a collector line.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I lost faith in the official MP line after Rodimus. It seemed that we had been given some beta prototype rather than a polished figure. It had so many issues that it was ridiculous. Hasbro appeared to have fixed the hands so that Rodimus can now actually hold his weapons () but the rest of the design is also messed up.

With just a little bit of polish he would have been great but instead it turned out to be my most disappointing MP toy to date.

It may be sacrilege to some here but I am rapidly loosing faith in official TF toys as I can no longer trust them to produce a good figure even for a collector line.
    I agree with your opinion kup. Roddy is great for display in either mode. I really like him, but he is a complete pain in the arse to transform. Great figure, shit toy. I found MP-05 much more fun to transform as fiddly as that is.

Rodimus could have been a great figure but they "overcomplicated" him in my eyes. Sad really. I am looking at some of the upcoming releases by various companies. A number of 3rd party pieces that fit very well with my vision of G1 Transformers.

I find most Masterpieces to be poor play pieces actually. Megatron is the worst (his transformation's so tricky it makes Rodimus look like a Jumpstarter!). I find Optimus Prime/Convoy & Grimlock to be the most playable, although Grimmie ain't cheap. But yeah, on the whole Masterpiece are like really expensive articulated and transformable display pieces rather than play toys. But honestly, I get my Neo-G1 toyplay fix from Classicsverse than MP.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But yeah, on the whole Masterpiece are like really expensive articulated and transformable display pieces rather than play toys.
    I thought that was the entire point of the line though. and they do that rather well I think.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ok. So yesterday morning before my wedding I had a few hours to kill so I sat down with rodimus and had another go. I watched a video on YouTube and it showed how to transform him properly. I managed to get everything lined up and it all sits and looks good. It's all in the positioning of the ankle joints. Get them wrong and kiss any ability for him to sit flush on the wheels goodbye.

He's still a crappy example of the masterpiece line but now I don't feel so bad about owning 2 of them

Gonna get the Takara one out next and have a go at the Winnebago from hell next.

Gonna get the Takara one out next and have a go at the Winnebago from hell next.
    hehe. I really want to see a tan and wood-grain variant..

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    hehe. I really want to see a tan and wood-grain variant..
    get to customising then :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megatron is the worst (his transformation's so tricky it makes Rodimus look like a Jumpstarter!).
    Not sure why but I found that hilarious
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]