Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MaynStream Merch

Default MaynStream Merch

(Not the official store thread)
    Well here it is, yet another Aussie TF store.
    We have not launched yet but we are in the process of setting things up. We are set to open on the 5th of November but it is possible that it could happen sooner.

MsM is a store owned by me (PJ), I am a collector just like you and this store was started because I am passionate about this hobby and I will take any excuse to be more involved with it.

I'm starting this thread now because I thought it might be interesting to document the process of starting up and to gain some ideas/feedback from fellow collectors (and maybe build some hype?)

So what is MsM?
    MaynStream Merch is an online store that currently carries Transformers primarily as well as a more limited selection of Star wars black series and marvel legends figures.

My goal with this business is not to make premium cash or to destroy any other stores, I just want to get more involved with a community that I love. Now yes the business needs to make money if this is to grow but I have no intention of ripping people off, I want people to come back to my store as frequently as possible because they just enjoy the process.

The point of this thread is to get some ideas for things you would like to see from MsM. I'll give a brief overview of the current stock we have and some of the plans that are in place for social media.

In terms of stock we are just starting out and I am no millionaire so opening stock levels are not huge. I have done my best to get hold of as much as possible while keeping prices competitive. Transformers currently has the biggest selection with mostly official titans return figures available. There is a limited amount of Arcee and Grotesque figures in stock and we also have Generations Metroplex in. There is some more TR stuff but these items are the most notable.
    On the 3rd party side of things we only have 1 item and that is the MAAS toys Skiff figure. We have acquired these at a really good price so we will be selling them at an extremely competitive price which as far as I know beats any other online store. We have established a great level of communication with MAAS toys and we have already locked in an order for their STACK (idw pipes) figure.

Marvel legends is pretty limited and the most notable items are preorders.
    We have a very limited amount of the TRU exclusive hydra 2 packs and a few cases of the 2018 black panther wave which we believe will be in around January.
    We also have the TRU dark phoenix and cyclops 2 pack in stock.

Star wars black series is also limited but I'm excited to try and expand this section. We currently have the 6inch scale tie fighter instock as well as the tie fighter pilot and the newest Darth Vader figure in stock and ready to ship.

That is our most notable items at the moment but we are constantly working with potential suppliers to get more in at good prices.

If you have items you want to see us carry please let me know. And if you also have some any suggestions for potential suppliers feel free to PM me and I can try and get in touch with them.

For social media stuffs we are launching the usual Facebook page and twitter, we will also have an Instagram and a YouTube channel. The YT channel is the more interesting part and will hopefully be a place where we can eventually start doing reviews as well as weekly updates and news shows.

So thats it for the first little intro to MaynStream Merch, I will keep this updated as more developments happen. If you are interested in joining our email list also let me know, we have a weekly newsletter that has info on instock and preorder items. So thank you for reading my little essay here and I can't wait to hear what you all have to suggest.

I just thought I'd add that the reason we are waiting until November 5 to launch is because we are waiting for all or instock orders to arrive.
    It is possible that the MAAS toys and a portion of the Arcee/Grotesque shipment may arrive a few days late so we might have to open with them as preorders or hold off until they arrive. Waiting time shouldn't be more then a week at the most so let me know what you would prefer.

The site is almost fully complete and I would love some feedback. Currently it is password protected so if you would be interested in checking it out to provide constructive criticism that would most definitely be welcomed. PM me and I will give a few members access for a limited time to let me know what they think so far.

After a tf Grotusque when you're up and running good luck
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    After a tf Grotusque when you're up and running good luck
    Thanks mate

Good luck, can't have too many reliable Australian plastic crack sellers if you ask me.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironprime3089 View Post
    Thanks mate
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Good luck, can't have too many reliable Australian plastic crack sellers if you ask me.
    Thanks guys, like I said I'd like some feedback on the site before we launch so if you'd like to check it out to give some thoughts let me know

Looking at possibly implementing a 'dropshipping' section to the store, this would basically mean that orders placed on our site are sent to our suppliers and they send the product directly to you. We are still researching this and it definitely will not be the only means of purchasing through our store but for those that may want to save some extra cash this may be something of interest.

Just received our case of MAAS TOYS Skiff
    We are in talks with maas toys trying to plan some exciting things

Website is live guys, we will be getting an official thread on here but for now here is the link
    Please check it out and even if you don;t buy anything please send any feedback you gave to info@maynstreammerch.com