Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1986 Movie flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I would love to see the 25th Anniversary of the movie celebrated with some changes to the movie like fixing the errors and adding in the missing characters but something tells me I am dreaming
    Pretty cool if a new release included a few extra 'non-dialogue' scenes of the other 84'/85' bots and cons that were supposedly KIA

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Pretty cool if a new release included a few extra 'non-dialogue' scenes of the other 84'/85' bots and cons that were supposedly KIA
    Or they could just make the digitally remastered version with added Snarl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Or they could just make the digitally remastered version with added Snarl.

"Oh, hey Snarl! I see you've brought some dewbacks with you..."

I think he means throughout the movie, to be consistent with the 3 scenes he briefly showed up in.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think he means throughout the movie, to be consistent with the 3 scenes he briefly showed up in.
    Yeah, Snarl was always meant to appear throughout the movie, but they didn't have the technology to do it back in the eighties. Now, with the power of CGI, they can rerelease the film the way it was always supposed to be. The best bit will be the all-singing all-dancing number where Snarl sings 'Dinobots Rock' in the Quintesson Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yeah, Snarl was always meant to appear throughout the movie, but they didn't have the technology to do it back in the eighties. Now, with the power of CGI, they can rerelease the film the way it was always supposed to be. The best bit will be the all-singing all-dancing number where Snarl sings 'Dinobots Rock' in the Quintesson Court.
    Man, if they did a 25th Anniversary release like this, I'd be an extremely happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I like watching the storyboards of deleted scenes which show you how they would have looked like. The US Rhino DVD of TF:TM has them in the Special Features section, but I think you can probably hunt down online versions too. My favourite would be the scene where Ultra Magnus rolls along with his trailer full of Autobot cars like Tracks, Red Alert etc. and they transform as he unloads them to attack Devastator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Heh, how funny would it be if they had a full 3D CGI Snarl amidst the regular 2D cel animated movie. It'd be like the extra CG elements in Hardware Wars: Special Edition which just stick out like sore thumbs amidst an otherwise cheap short film (albeit hilarious -- Hardware Wars director Ernie Fosselius later worked with Mel Brooks to create Spaceballs, although Hardware Wars is a specific Star Wars spoof whereas Spaceballs is a more generic scifi parody ).