Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kmart cutting out brand name toys?

Default Is Kmart cutting out brand name toys?

So I was the newly renovated Kmart in Rockhampton on Monday and as I always do I made my way to the toys right away. The only 5 boys toys brands they had that were actual recognisable brands were Transformers (but they had almost sold out and some new wave figures were on clearance), Star Wars, Hot Wheels, Nerf and Lego.

Everything else in the toy section was home brand stuff. I didn't even see big brands like TMNT and WWE.

The section as a whole felt incredibly small, maybe under half the size it used to be.

Is this store an anomaly or is Kmart now getting rid of name brand toys
    and downsizing their toy sections everywhere?

It may have been the other stuff had pretty much sold out. I know the few K-Marts I go to have massive empty spaces on their shelves.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

they will miss out if a few things are taken off

Lego, Hot Wheels, Transformers, Star Wars.

So they need to think carefully.

It wouldn't surprise me if they moved away from brand names. Kmart stores feel like they are full of no-brand cheaply made cheap stuff, including through their toy aisles.

This was something that was questioned back in 2013 when Kmart didn't have a proper mid-year toy sale like BigW and Target do/did. Instead, they had a "toy sale" catalogue that year that was pretty much just all of their cheap generic toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they moved away from brand names. Kmart stores feel like they are full of no-brand cheaply made cheap stuff, including through their toy aisles.
    That’s exactly what they’re doing and they’re making a killing out of it. So doing the same with toys is not surprising.

Just went into my local Kmart before work today. They had the exact same 5 boys toys brands as Rocky did a couple of weeks ago, plus WWE toys on clearance. Since the store's toy section has not been refitted in about 30 years (ahem, might be overdue) they had to spread out the 4 non-lego brands to cover both sides of an isle that's about 10 meters long. They have the biggest and most sparsely populated Transformers section I have ever seen. I just hope Transformers don't get cut.

Galvatran Guest

Can't find a Time Warrior for a reasonable price? Can't justify the price for a G-Shock x Transformers Optimus Prime watch? Kmart makes low prices irresistible.

https://www.kmart.com.au/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10701

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Can't find a Time Warrior for a reasonable price? Can't justify the price for a G-Shock x Transformers Optimus Prime watch? Kmart makes low prices irresistible.

https://www.kmart.com.au/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10701
    LOL, saw them yesterday
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    LOL, saw them yesterday
    I actually got this as a gag gift for Xmas. It only just fits on my girly wrist. For the life of me I can't figure out how the digital watch works, there is like one button that cycles through indecipherable nonsense. Not sure what I did with the instructions either.