Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As an ending, Secret Invasion was wrapped up too quickly.

However, it has set things up for a promising (for the reader) future. Frontline finished nicely, still preferred the old style better though.

One thing that REALLY annoyed me with Frontline however was Iron Man. Wearing the modern day suit while in the main SI title Stark was forced to use a pre-Starktech suit which was significantly different in looks. Artists really dropped the ball on that one.

Of course other things wrapped up this week as well. "True Believers", nice little mini-series, hope to see more of them down the track.

And of course we begin the end of Batman with R.I.P. and Last Rites beginning. Truly suprised by DC's decision to cancel Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey with Batman and Detective Comics taking a temporary break. To me it seems like a big gamble to not only have one of their biggest characters disappear, but to also shelve (temporarily for some) of it's big titles. Give 'em credit for taking the gamble! I hope it pays off in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    One thing that REALLY annoyed me with Frontline however was Iron Man. Wearing the modern day suit while in the main SI title Stark was forced to use a pre-Starktech suit which was significantly different in looks. Artists really dropped the ball on that one.
    That reminds me of a recent continuity error, in Ms. Marvel #32, Carol's left arm getting smashed in by a hammer then in #33 we see her right arm in a cast.

Via my e-mail; this mob is having a sale. On Chapel Street. Might be good for some cheap trades as they're pretty well stocked. I'd go but comics is quickly becoming an afterthought as novels are currently occupying me atm
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

76 Chapel Street, Windsor, 3181, Vic, Australia
    (03) 9529 2255 Fx (03) 9529 2040
    http://www.alternateworlds.com.au/

Huge Christmas Sale
    Saturday December 6th to Saturday December 13th, 2008

Discounts up to 80% off RRP

(Excludes new releases, latest comic issues and pre-discounted items)

Email and phone orders accepted, with payment details.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Usually everything but their trades are on sale. This is my local (and favourite) comic shop though and there was a mass of figures I scored cheap at their last Christmas sale.

I've been to that sale a few times and usually come away disappointed. Probably will still go though.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

You have to get in early. Last year I lined up 45 minutes before opening and ended up with a massive swag of goodies. Trying to find the pic but I think it's on the old board.

There is a girl i know, she likes Marvel and DC stuff, so i have to read up on her fave, the Green lantern, like a bloody school assignment

Been a while since I posted here at OTCA, I need to rectify that.

Come on guys where's the comic book loving?

So Marvel's Dark Reign is go.

Another look at the upcoming Dark Avengers team.

Well that Wolverine is obviously Daken, it's a given from those arm tattoos.

Still going with Moonstone in that Ms. Marvel getup.

Bullseye in the Hawkeye getup.

Speculations/guesses for the Iron Patriot and the black costume Spidey?

Dark Avengers #1 is due out 21st January.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Come on guys where's the comic book loving?
    i really do need to go hit a comic shop its been about 3 weeks now, starting to get the shakes

I've been a bit lax myself but should mention one the memorable stories I read recently was the latest TPB of Criminal. Great noir stuff. The art complements the story so well.

In terms of individual comics, I just got through Secret Six #1 and its a great start to the series
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection