Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have RobotKingdom screwed me bigtime?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It won't work since the item was purchased in RK instead of a retail store in Japan as Gok did with his item. For now it's going to be a wait and see still for Deonasis since as you mentioned it could be that they're still sorting things out post Botcon. Let's just hope that your hunch is correct Icy.
    well, can always give it a shot.... no harm done

Consider a PayPal dispute for damaged goods. It's about the only thing that gets their attention.

I only use Robotkingdom when I HAVE to.

You now also have me really worried. I have MP-9v.2 and MP-9B, but they are still boxed*.

*Not a MISB collector, just lazy.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you paid via Paypal, remember you only have 45 days to file a complaint with them. (your credit card provider should also provide protection, generally 3 months, but you should check first). And if you sent it to Paypal as a gift payment, there's pretty much nothing they'll do.

It's better to have the Paypal complaint open, just so you stay within the 45 days, if it's starting to get close.

I may be mistaken but I thought Paypal protection was 45 days from the purchase date.

I ordered this back on 31st Jan (via Paypal) so I believe I have been outside the 45 day complaint period even before I received my figures on the 2nd April.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I may be mistaken but I thought Paypal protection was 45 days from the purchase date.

I ordered this back on 31st Jan (via Paypal) so I believe I have been outside the 45 day complaint period even before I received my figures on the 2nd April.
    Yeah, well and truly.

Did the payment to them come from your credit card though? (ie linked to your paypal account).

If yes, you are most likely still within range to dispute the transaction.

*EDIT: 3 month time then in all likelihood. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ring your bank ASAP.)
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd May 2012 at 06:51 PM.

The "dispute via my credit card company" ball is rolling - I didn't know this was possible so thanks :thumbsup: It is more of a back up plan as an investigation will take a while to ramp up and I really still prefer to sort it out with emails and customer service. Whether they care for good press or bad press I'll give it to them.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 4th May 2012 at 02:19 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

this is the kind of stuff that puts me off collecting.... sometimes...
    i'm sure it will work out. it's just the extra time and effort you have to put in..

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    The "dispute via my credit card company" ball is rolling - I didn't know this was possible so thanks :thumbsup: It is more of a back up plan as an investigation will take a while to ramp up and I really still prefer to sort it out with emails and customer service. Whether they care for good press or bad press I'll give it to them.
    Excellent. I was a bit iffy on it due to the timeframe being so close to 'too long', so I'm glad to see them take it on.

Be prepared for a long wait, in all likelihood. They have to contact the other bank, and give them a reasonable time to return info and verify on their end, and so on and so forth.

Realistically, these things usually take 4-6 weeks, and lean much heavier to the longer time.

But at least they're investigating it for you, that's the main thing.