• Average

8 61.54%
  • Not very good

1 7.69%
  • I refuse to have anything to do with it

0 0%

Thread: (FEB-2013) Japanese Generation 1 Era - Rate it

Default (FEB-2013) Japanese Generation 1 Era - Rate it

The Entire Era/Series as a whole, how does it rate in the world of Transformers:
    - Best Ever
    - One of the better ones
    - Average
    - Not very good
    - I refuse to have anything to do with it

(Emphasis on the Japanese exclusive parts of Generation One - as in the cartoons, comics and toys that weren't released in the West by Hasbro)

Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers
    Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers 2010
    Headmasters
    Masterforce
    Victory
    Zone
    Return of Convoy
    Operation Combination
    Last edited by griffin; 9th February 2013 at 03:29 PM.

I quite enjoyed the Japanese take on it all and it gave us some pretty cool bots and designs for the future.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

The Japanese line had a very different approach to the US version, but it was executed quite well, IMO.

i prefered the us version but it si good that it kept going no what the cost :P

I started watching the Japanese stuff that was released by Madman, but booooy was it difficult to sit through for the most part. While I enjoy the characters and concepts introduced by these series', I think a lot of it was poorly executed with pacing that made me go "WTF"?

That said, if I had still been a kid when I saw these, or perhaps if it was still the 90s I probably would've been in love. Perhaps I've just come to expect too much from my anime

TBH I've only really seen the 'Headmasters' series; I've not seen Scramble City, nor any of the other Japanese series... YET.
    I quite liked the Headmasters series for its treatment of characters & its overall quirkiness that I'm sure is purely due to something being lost in translation.

The Japanese portion of G1 has most definitely served to offer some extremely cool, unique & distinctive characters (Hence figures) over its duration as the Japanese really seemed to use this period to experiment with all sorts of concepts & ideas.

I think this era still holds a degree of mystery about it, but the fact that certain facets from throughout Japanese G1 seems to constantly creep into the Western side of things must surely reflect that it has done enough to reflect its importance to the overall scheme of the brand & franchise.

I must admit I haven't seen the show, but I do enjoy the figures that I own from that era.